BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just doing a little planning for the upcoming year. Every time I drive over it on Rt 50, I wonder...

Anyone know anything about the Tuckahoe, especially from the perspective of yak fishing? Any info would be great.

dak

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Its my understanding that there are a lot of ducks up there in the fall.

I've seen guys fishing the mouth of all the feeder creeks at the start of the outgoing. You could put your yak in by the boat ramp, make a left as soon as you cross that bridge if you are heading towards the beach. Its a dirt road, if you got to the 1st light you went to far.

Lots of catfish by the boat ramp.

good luck

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Lots of catfish, perch, baby stripers... I've never done it but the locals say there are some honey holes for LARGE spawning stripers coming up here in the springtime.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I stayed at Scenic Riverview campground one weekend last summer. I wondered the same thing & caught a few catfish only. I fished near an old RR bridge east of the campground.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Lots of good fishing in the river.I see lots of ppl conoeing and yaking!!During the herring run,you can definetly hook into a few nice bass!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Live line a perch? :cool:
I fish the tuckahoe alot since I live 2 minutes from the boat ramp. Lots of perch and catfish all year round. Caught some fluke out at the mouth last year, one little striper in the summer. Crabers always tell me they get tog in their traps sometimes. If you venture up the river one a high tide you can find some big pickerel and some bass sometimes. Have caught yellow perch too.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
A most beautiful river.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
You are required to have a current NJ Fishing License displayed in your vehicle to launch at the boat ramp at Tuckahoe WMA. The small ramp in Corbin City is free (I believe). Parking there is an issue, though.

And yes, there is plenty of activity to be had in the entire length of that river...

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can also get a permit for the ramp that cost $15.00. Its called a Boat Ramp Maintenance Permit . http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/wmaregs.htm

In my opinion that ramp is one of the nicest around. I have seen some peeple launch up to a 25ft cabin cruiser in there. You can usually load even at low tide. The tide can get a little strong though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts