BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished at one of the well know spots in Tuckerton/Mystic Island last night for the last two hours of light. Trying to redo the success I had Saturday evening in the same spot only this time the word must have gotten out because there were about 20 anglers fishing from the sod banks and 3 boats anchored up. Everyone looking for those elusive tiderunners. Unfortunately, I only saw one weakie caught it was a beauty but I didn't do the catching :(

There were quite a few of the toothy ones caught but it appeared that everyone there was aiming for the weakfish. The one that I saw was caught on a ¼ ounce jig head with a pink fishy.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Hi BB. I was "there" too. Caught 1 about 11lbs. I only saw 1 other caught. Which guy were you. I was on the left of the cut, in the middle. When I left, there were still about 10 people there. I have been doing ok there.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I was there too. I threw some fin-s from the boat a little ways up the creek form where you guys were.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Hi again Rick. Gotta hook up with you there. A "friend" was there tonite, and lost 2 at the boat :D I have never ran my boat there since I had a hard time at low tide, in the dark about 10 years ago :eek: :eek: Would like to see whats there. Also check the creeks out. Thx, Val

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hey Val I might be able to give you a tour early next week after work. I can not get down there till about 4:30. If you are interested let me know.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by on the hook:
Hi BB. I was "there" too. Caught 1 about 11lbs. I only saw 1 other caught. Which guy were you. I was on the left of the cut, in the middle. When I left, there were still about 10 people there. I have been doing ok there.
I was on the right of the guy with the kids. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. I was there last Saturday about the same time and there was only like 4 of us. I need to make up a Bass Barn sign and hang it around my neck next time. Maybe people would come up and introduce themselves :D Congrats on the tiderunner. Are you the one who walked back to the road with it in the net over your shoulder?

There is plenty of water in that channel if you come in from the fish factory side, The other side is really shallow at low tide.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
That be me BB.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Just thought I would check this out. When I did go out on a boat, I went with an ex boyfriend who had his boat in Mystic Islands. It may still be there. It is "Michael Joy". Jack and Mike Steinman own it. Anyone know if it is still there? Also knew Mike and Joy Benfield down there. Mike has since passed away after a motorcyle accident. Anyone know them?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Basically just while the tiderunners are in. Went this am for a few hours. Not a hit. Do not have my boat ready for the water yet. It will go to Del Bay though.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you plan on being there at all over the next few days? I could see me making another run soon.

My next boat will probably be a Del Bay boat but the 19' bowrider I have now is much better for the back bays.

If you don't mind saying how were you fishing for them when you were there the other night? I was throwing 1/4 ounce head with a pink finS.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Same. May try a little heavier, depending. Go slooooooooow. Have caught 11 there this year. Still hit and miss. Don't know about the next few days. May be on the bay over the weekend. Tide is good early (outgoing) the next few days also. Maybe in the am, depending on work.

·
Banned
426 Posts
If you looking for BB, just look for a great big guy, thats friendly as all get out. I was out that way this morning, and saw Dolphins in front of the Coast Guard Station. BB should have a picture of one of them by now. Thats all I could get. No luck this morning, try again this afternoon.

·
Banned
426 Posts
George and I went to the Brick Pile, all we caught were skates, and a shark. We headed in early, right before dark. I didn have my spotlight hooked up yet. It will be by next Thursday.

[ 05-22-2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Whiskers ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.