BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the tip of the trunk tuesday in the a.m. chunked 3 flats of butters and not a touch..... had some marks on the fishfinder but no takers. Got on the troll about 11a.m. and headed across the south dumsite to the north dump into the 19 fathom lump. We dragged everykind and color lure you could think of and not a touch all day. Something told me to go south where we have been , but I figured i would try something different and get away from the fleet......Thats what i get for think'in. Will be back out down south when the weather allows. This next couple days is'nt looking to inviting :mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trunk

marlinmatt said:
sorry to hear about the luck out there, did u troll the trunk area too? including the trunk trench?
Trolled the trench and the little lumps on the trunk. Not alot going on anywhere in the area. On our troll though the south dumpsite saw some bait on top of the water for about 30 seconds, circled that area for awhile and no takers. Guess is was just one of those days.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Forget the tip of the Trunk. It is seldom worth the trip/ :cool: Go elswhere

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Sea Jay-- As Jd Said When Looking For Tuna The Trunk On Average Is One Of The Worst Places To Go.there Are A Few Caught Once In Awhile But Mostly Smaller.sometimes In August There Are Billfish There But If Your Running The 44 Miles Either Run Further Or More To The South.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BIGGESTJACK said:
Sea Jay-- As Jd Said When Looking For Tuna The Trunk On Average Is One Of The Worst Places To Go.there Are A Few Caught Once In Awhile But Mostly Smaller.sometimes In August There Are Billfish There But If Your Running The 44 Miles Either Run Further Or More To The South.
Thanks Jack.....I rarely visit the trunk but wanted to try something different....Will Be headed to the south in the a.m. monday leaving on sun night.Headed to where allthe fun is being Had..Will report when we get back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts