BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to Fortescue to hop on a head boat and catch a few stripers with my dad. When we got there the captain said there weren't enough people interested so he wasn't going. Then he drove off and we were standing on the dock like two idiots. Tried to salvage taking a day off of work and driving down from PA by fishing from the beach. Got windburn and one horseshoe crab.

[ 05-05-2004, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: aquasport190 ]

G

·
Sorry your day didnt go as planned but atleast you got to spend some quality time with your father. Thats always a good day.
Nick

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Man, I thought they ran every day no matter how many showed up.

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought so to. I called the guy the day before to make sure and he said they were definitely going. I told him I was concerned that the w!nd forecasted might put a damper on it and he said he was 100% going. That captain was the only one that even showed up. The marina looked like a ghost town.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
The marina looked like a ghost town.
I can't understand it. They have a sign down there saying it is the Weakfish Capitol of The World.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
LMAO

Thats beat man. Oh well. What can you do.

[ 05-05-2004, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: hipkvw ]

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next time they call for a west wind and the captain of a head boat says he's going out no matter what, I will take my own boat to the back bays and fish the protected water of the ICW and the jetties. That way, when I get there, I know I will get to fish.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Double sux !!!!

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want to smear anyone so I won't post the boat's name. It's the guy's business and he makes the final decision. I was just bummed that I took off work and drove all the way down there for nothing.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
SCott, I'm sure you understand that had the captain rolled with only two fares he would have had to PAY to take you guys fishing. The fuel and bait for the trip would have well out weighed the revenue. Unfortunately for you he made the right decision for his bottom line. You can't really fault him for it. Better to make 0 money today than lose some in his mind.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
SHEET HAPPENS - SORRY TO HEAR YOU COULDNT GET OUT WITH POPS. I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION WHERE I DROVE AN HOUR ONLY TO FIND OUT THE WI** WAS REALLY BLOWING (IT WASNT AT HOME WHEN I LEFT) AND THE CAPPY CANCELLED.

BIT WE TO THE LEMONS AND MADE LEMONADE - HAD A BIG BREAKFAST AND HE PROMISED TO TAKE ME OUT FOR FREE TRIP WHEN HE WASNT BOOKED. HE DID AND WE WHACKED EM THAT DAY.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts