BASS BARN banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for heavier jig heads with hooks that can hold up to larger tuna. more specifically, when using ron z plastics (and other similar plastics), the most heavy duty jig heads commercially made that I've found and used are ones by ron z that have a 3x or 4x gami, which isn't bad, but if I could make them stronger I would. Secondly, weight! the jig heads only go to 3.5oz with the beefier tuna hook. When throwing into the wind, it'd be nice to have more than 3.5 oz in the head. I know people that have made their own heavier jig heads with heavy hooks specifically for the problem just described, but I don't particularly want to start melting led. It gets messy! I know some people will say that they've caught plenty of tuna with the 3.5oz head and that it is heavy enough and the hooks are strong enough to get the job done. And it's true, plenty of tuna have been caught on the current setup, I just want to add something stronger and heavier to the lineup. Anyone know of any heavier jig heads with tuna worthy hooks? Know where they're sold or who makes them? Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts