BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, don't post like this often, but had to mention it. Was fishing the inlet and back today and saw way too many guys not only barreling up on spots but then dropping the lines with the motor on. With these conditions out there,finding calm clear water is like winning the lottery, let's keep it that way.

[ 10-22-2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
EVERY WEEKEND--SAME THING racing engines ,fast stop and thy "wonder??" why they don't catch fish

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by BUCKTAIL WILLIE:
EVERY WEEKEND--SAME THING racing engines ,fast stop and thy "wonder??" why they don't catch fish
I always thought that as well.
Saw a guy out with one line out the back on a sinker and then casting toward the bank. All the while the engine is on and he's coming off then backing back into the bank?? I mean really.
Then you got the guys trolling right through the bridge. That'll get'em.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
Sorry, don't post like this often, but had to mention it. Was fishing the inlet and back today and saw way too many guys not only barreling up on spots but then dropping the lines with the motor on. With these conditions out there,finding calm clear water is like winning the lottery, let's keep it that way.
Welcome to my world! One word! (RIPS) ;) :mad:

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/QUOTE]Welcome to my world! One word! (RIPS) ;) :mad: [/QB][/QUOTE]

I am sure it's doubly bad there as well. I flew over the rips today, seemed to be a good amount of boats out in the DB

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow I didn't realize you shouldn't slow troll around the bridges.Man after all these years and all thoses stripers I guess I should have been drifting my umbrella rigs.I guess I'am gonna have to take off the spinner blades next so I don't spook them. ;) I know there are days when it's like opening day of trout season, but it's just a fish not E.T. besides it's getting cold.Say goodbye to the chowderheads.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by timbouy:
Wow I didn't realize you shouldn't slow troll around the bridges.Man after all these years and all thoses stripers I guess I should have been drifting my umbrella rigs.I guess I'am gonna have to take off the spinner blades next so I don't spook them. ;) I know there are days when it's like opening day of trout season, but it's just a fish not E.T. besides it's getting cold.Say goodbye to the chowderheads.
So why do they make silent trolling motors

Go ahead man, just turn it off and let that 5-7 mph inlet current be your motor. You'll see, you'll catch even more. Heck, add that to your numbers already and your ready to go public

I love the chowderheads

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
i see this alot also, and never could see why they would leave a motor running on a drift??but then again why do they fish with a top and bottom rig when the boats next to them are killing fish with jigs?? who knows?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by sweet release1:
i see this alot also, and never could see why they would leave a motor running on a drift??but then again why do they fish with a top and bottom rig when the boats next to them are killing fish with jigs?? who knows?
Nice

You are right, why ask why just drink Bud Dry

·
Registered
259 Posts
Skinny water is a whole different story with keeping your motor running.I shut it down also.I'am amazed at how many guys pull right up next to you when your anchored up ask if anything is bitting.
Hey Doc news flash you really can catch stripers trolling.You should give it a try ,it's pretty fun.Sometimes you get two at a time.I know your buddy caught one drifting so that's how it has to be done,but there are many ways to skin a cat.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by timbouy:
Skinny water is a whole different story with keeping your motor running.I shut it down also.I'am amazed at how many guys pull right up next to you when your anchored up ask if anything is bitting.
Hey Doc news flash you really can catch stripers trolling.You should give it a try ,it's pretty fun.Sometimes you get two at a time.I know your buddy caught one drifting so that's how it has to be done,but there are many ways to skin a cat.
Spoon trolling, sure man. Come on I am not that out of touch. Sod banks in the day, sure. Skinny water like you said, nightime around a bridge definetly not the best IMHO. A quiet rolling motor sure. Not a gas motor cruising through bass putting an assault on bait around lights or sods at night, no way.

Whatever

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW

How many guys lie and say, " nothing happening here but blues??

One time had a guy marking all kind of fish as was I right around a bridge in the spring during the day.
"It's stripers, just not hungry he says"
Yeah, the water needs to heat a bit I replied.

I limited out on Tog :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts