BASS BARN banner

Two Day + Bass Marathon

623 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  In Depth 
#1 ·
I started off June 7 using herring on a long Spring Lake Jetty. I caught a 14lb bass and a 21lb bass. That evening myself and two friends took fresh bunker heads to Northern Ocean County Beach and caught 35 lb bass, 38 lb bass, and 40 lb bass,one for each of us. Five hours later I jumped into my boat ( Bass Hole )drove down the beach to the same area and caught a 43 lb bass on a snagged live bunker. Went chunking again that night and caught bass in the twenties. Again, five hours later I went out in the boat and caught 39 lb bass, 32 lb bass, 29 lb bass, 28 lb bass, and 23 lb bass. I'm proud to say that I released all five of those bass after taking their pictures and weighing and measuring them. That was June 9, the best day of the boat bunker fishing this week.My catch that day was common and I'm sure you'll be reading about June 9, 2004 in Ocean County waters in articles for years to come.

See less See more
#6 ·
The boat is fine Terry,I had to get some sleep sometime.......the belt on one motor was loose and that battery wasn't getting a charge. At first I thought the starter froze up.
I started a new cycle this am. Got bass on herring on the same Spring Lake jetty you see me perched on all the time. Going chunking tonite, and boating tomorrow as long as the NE calms down.

#8 ·
JP....I use live herring on the jetties, and yes, bunker heads are the best. We are using live snagged bunker in the boats, and bunker heads on the beach at night.
BTW, does anyone know if "RodFather" has a white center console with a green T-top? I think I saw him drifting live bunker in front of the long Spring Lake Jetties this AM. If so, I hope he did well, but the strong south winds are hurting the fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.