BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today two girls took their boat out from our dock with some thawed out clam bellies. Left at noon with the wind picking up a bit. Just sent them around the corner to anchor up and chunk.

Back in at 3:30 with tired arms. Had 15 stripers up to 32 inches and seven blues up to 25 inches. The back bay is hot right now. Plus they used about a cup of gas. Never had it over idle because they were passing homes and docks to the spot.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Fred, did you hear about the new fresh fish market that opened up right across the bay. I heard two girls docked a small boat went in, and traded some fresh bait from No Bones along with a few bucks to trick some gullable guy at the tackle shop. :D :D :D

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
nothing wrong with drumming up some buisness

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
I know its a true story. The one girl is my sister and I got several emails from one happy lady.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True story. Even a few neighbors in the store when they came in. I had to fillet their two keepers.

Stop around tomorrow because one is going back out.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cruised through the rest of the forums and then it hit me. I know I'm a little slow but I do catch on.

If anyone thinks that I am trying to sell bait with my post then you are 100% wrong. I am maxed out on the amount of bellies I can get in a week. People call to reserve them now and like I said my supply is limited.

I like to think that I post a lot of usefull information on the barn. I am at the store every day and will sit and talk fishing with anyone for any amount of time. With that said I will never talk about clam bellies on this site again.
:mad:

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Well said Fred. If ya stop by to get bait from Fred- allow a few extra minutes for some great tips, good stories, and maybe even some old coffee. LOL

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:
I cruised through the rest of the forums and then it hit me. I know I'm a little slow but I do catch on.

If anyone thinks that I am trying to sell bait with my post then you are 100% wrong. I am maxed out on the amount of bellies I can get in a week. People call to reserve them now and like I said my supply is limited.

I like to think that I post a lot of usefull information on the barn. I am at the store every day and will sit and talk fishing with anyone for any amount of time. With that said I will never talk about clam bellies on this site again.
:mad:
Chunking keep talking about anything fishing clam bellies, squid whatever! You are an unbelievably talented fisherman and I for one would hate to lose your insight!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Fred come on, you gonna let what a couple members (out of 8000+) razzed you about get under your skin. Those of us who know you, know better, besides they sounded like they were just bust'en on ya. Why blame the whole barn! :confused:

[ 05-04-2005, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
23,416 Posts
Fred, your knowledge is to valuable for us to lose. Write about anything you like including but not limited to clam bellies.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Fred, just foolin' with ya my friend. I have appreciated all the many tips you have given me and your clam bellies are the best around. Hope your anger was not directed to me. My apologies if it was. I still hope to have you show me the clam belly drill one day out back

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thats good Fred, stop talking about the bellies, that will make it easier for us that won't go out without them. We just caught a 74.5 lbs. Drum that had13 bellies in it. Obviously, the dum-dum that said that, has never caught a fish. Keep up the good work, you grumpy old man.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Chunking keep talking about anything, fishing clam bellies, squid whatever! You are an unbelievably talented fisherman and I for one would hate to lose your insight! PLEASE DONT STOP !!

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
LIKE I PREDICTED THE LITTLE HEAD HAS TAKEN OVER AND NOW MY DONUT SUPPLY WILL BE CUT OFF.IT WAS BADFINGER AND MORTY.I'LL BUY YOU 1-2oz WAWA'S AND 1/2 SLICE OF MACK'S IF YOU DON'T CUT OFF MY DONUTS.

[ 05-05-2005, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Caught a 31 lb. striper today, when I cleaned it, it had 9 bellies in it. This clambelly crap dosen't work. Freddie, keep the bellies comeing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts