BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i have recently become interested in learning to tie my own teasers to use in front of my lures. If any of you are adept at this hobby or perhaps have any information that could be usefull to me i would greatly appreciate it. I will be starting from the ground up since i dont know all that much about tying flies. If you can help out all replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
you have come to the right place a lot of great guys makeing them around this joint im sure thay will chime in...

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
My favorite teaser is a simple bucktail Deceiver run off a dropper loop from my leader. My favorite colors are blurple, olive/white (silverside), tan/white (bay anchovy), yellow/white, chartreuse/ white, and gray/pink/white.

The two main baits I tie to match are silversides and bay anchovys.

Simple silverside:
  • 1/0 -3/0 saltwater hook
  • white bucktail - bottom
  • silver krystal flash - mid
  • olive bucktail - top
  • eyes
Simple Bay anchovy
  • Size 1 hook
  • white bucktail - bottom
  • silver krystal flash - mid
  • light tan bucktail - top
  • eyes
I use mono thread (clear) and Loon hard head (2 coats) over the eyes. Gami makes some nice hooks - the SL-12 is my favorite.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dconroy said:
Hello all i have recently become interested in learning to tie my own teasers to use in front of my lures. If any of you are adept at this hobby or perhaps have any information that could be usefull to me i would greatly appreciate it. I will be starting from the ground up since i dont know all that much about tying flies. If you can help out all replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug
talk to oldsalts...he does some great work!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts