BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEE: Federal judge in Hawaii freezes President Trump’s new entry ban

”In a blistering 43-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson pointed to Trump’s own comments and those of his close advisers as evidence that his order was meant to discriminate against Muslims and declared there was a “strong likelihood of success” that those suing would prove the directive violated the Constitution.

Watson declared that “a reasonable, objective observer — enlightened by the specific historical context, contemporaneous public statements, and specific sequence of events leading to its issuance — would conclude that the Executive Order was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion.”

What this judge intentionally has ignored in his written opinion are the countless clarifications made by President Trump during and after his campaign which were made to distinguish Muslims from ‘radical Islamic terrorists” which Donald Trump promised to keep out of the country if elected.

This judge has not only flaunted the rule of law, but is obviously not a “reasonable, objective observer” in that he has displayed a bias or perhaps outright hatred toward President Trump. If judge Derrick K. Watson were a “reasonable, objective observer”, and even-handed, he would have taken into account all of the “contemporaneous public statements” made by Donald Trump prior to and after his election regarding Muslims, including those which intentionally clarified and distinguished “radical Islamic terrorists” from the “particular religion” in question which Judge Watson speculatively and falsely asserts the President’s EO is directed against.

For example, HERE IS A VIDEO during Trumps campaign and as far back as 11-2-16, in which Donald Trump expresses his intention is to keep “radical Islamic terrorists” out of the country. Subsequent to this date, President Trump has repeatedly stated his intention is directed at radical Islamic terrorists, and not Muslims, simply because they are Muslim.

And so, it is more than just obvious that Judge Derrick K. Watson has lied by omission in halting President Trump’s new Executive Order, which was intentionally altered in a good faith move to protect against radical Islamic terrorists entering our country while, at the same time, accommodating peaceful Muslims seeking to enter our country.

JWK

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness.___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas

·
Registered
31,237 Posts
Until Trump gets a new Justice approved he's wasting his time and being made to look like a fool with these bans. They will always find the right Judge to rule against it. It has to go to the Supreme Court and at this time he will lose in a 4-4 tie. He'll look like an idiot.

Get the Justice done first

He needs better people around him and he needs to listen to them. He's surrounded by people with little to no experience in politics

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
This ban would be much easier to take seriously if he hadn't removed Iraq from the list, which is crawling with ISIS. That would seem to indicate it isn't about security. I'm not sure if he is trying to punish the nations on the list for something else they've done or what, but allowing people from Iraq to travel to America right now seems insane to me.

Whatever is motive is, he isn't being honest with us. His words are coming back to haunt him as well, it seems. The best part is he still won't learn to keep his stupid mouth shut. I am for one, am glad Trump will spend up to the next 4 years getting your hopes up only to get crushed by the courts.

·
Registered
76,204 Posts
Until Trump gets a new Justice approved he's wasting his time and being made to look like a fool with these bans. They will always find the right Judge to rule against it. It has to go to the Supreme Court and at this time he will lose in a 4-4 tie. He'll look like an idiot.

He needs better people around him and he needs to listen to them. He's surrounded by people with little to no experience in politics
This is correct and I hope Trump realizes it. At this point his supporters believe those who disagree with the ban are wrong. Leave it at that for now and get your Supreme Court Justice in place.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

it's a good thing you're smarter than him again. Does he look like a fool to the American public who is sick and tired of these judges trampling on our constitution? If there's a terrorist attack here during all of this, will he look like a fool or will he pick up another 10 million voters because of it?

He said during his campaign that he was going to do this and he's doing it and you're upset about that? He had to do it and these judges need to be impeached or emasculated by taking away their jurisdiction.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
This ban would be much easier to take seriously if he hadn't removed Iraq from the list, which is crawling with ISIS. That would seem to indicate it isn't about security. I'm not sure if he is trying to punish the nations on the list for something else they've done or what, but allowing people from Iraq to travel to America right now seems insane to me.

Whatever is motive is, he isn't being honest with us. His words are coming back to haunt him as well, it seems. The best part is he still won't learn to keep his stupid mouth shut. I am for one, am glad Trump will spend up to the next 4 years getting your hopes up only to get crushed by the courts.

CNN has reported the following two reasons for excluding Iraq, as given by the Administration:

"Iraq is an important ally in the fight to defeat ISIS, with their brave soldiers fighting in close coordination with America's men and women in uniform,"

"This intense review over the past month identified multiple security measures that the State Department and the government of Iraq will be implementing to achieve our shared objective of preventing those with criminal or terroristic intent from reaching the United States."

I am curious....You obviously don't believe this, and don't think it's about security, what do you think it's about?

·
Registered
76,204 Posts
it's a good thing you're smarter than him again. Does he look like a fool to the American public who is sick and tired of these judges trampling on our constitution? If there's a terrorist attack here during all of this, will he look like a fool or will he pick up another 10 million voters because of it?

He said during his campaign that he was going to do this and he's doing it and you're upset about that? He had to do it and these judges need to be impeached or emasculated by taking away their jurisdiction.
I think he is accomplishing what he wants. His supporters and many independents are squarely behind him and agree these wingnut Judges don’t care about the Security of the Country’s.

And if an attack is associated with their ruling there will be hell to pay.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
If this was truly about security this would have included so many more countries of real danger to us. The actual ones that harbor and have sent/influence terrorist atacks.

Its a waterdowned version of a campaign promise. Just to say I kept my promise. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

·
Registered
76,204 Posts
If this was truly about security this would have included so many more countries of real danger to us. The actual ones that harbor and have sent/influence terrorist atacks.

Its a waterdowned version of a campaign promise. Just to say I kept my promise. Nothing more and nothing less than that.
Apparently these are the countries that cannot assure the proper vetting process. You have to start somewhere. Had something like this have been proposed during the Clinton era it would have sailed through. No one blinked when Bill talked about a Border security, a wall to stop illegal immigration.

Flashback: Bill Clinton once received a standing ovation for the EXACT position Trump holds on illegal immigration.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Apparently these are the countries that cannot assure the proper vetting process. You have to start somewhere. Had something like this have been proposed during the Clinton era it would have sailed through. No one blinked when Bill talked about a Border security, a wall to stop illegal immigration.

Flashback: Bill Clinton once received a standing ovation for the EXACT position Trump holds on illegal immigration.

I dont care about what clinton did, he's not president now. Let me guess trump got a standing ovation too. Big deal, means squat.

Trump and vetting, lets vet only some not all. We all know the vetting that is going on is extreme and not stupid word trump used to gain the cheer of his followers. The vetting process is already a two year process. Trump hasnt changed that and made it what it already is. So anyone from Pakistan, Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia are fine. Ya that's perfect, again what country were the 911 terrorist from. I guess trump forgot that. What an insult to all of us. Protect us or shut up.

Hes is doing nothing for security letting this in but not that. Waterdown garbage. Either you do it all or go home.

I have no problem screening, vetting, detaining or whatever other word suits your view to stop a attack on us. But, trumps is nothing but a piece of the whole problem. Trump himself called it, second version, a watered down bill. No different than the first watered down.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Both Federal Judges relied on campaign rhetoric to make their ruling. That is the definition of judicial activism. They are supposed to rule on the written law.

I sense that we are too entrenched in division and that we will be living under laws created on the bench and not in the House and Senates around the country.

"Thought Police" will emerge, not officially, but via a private sector "agent" and citizens will be fired for their thoughts and reaffirmed by the same type of judges who make these types of rulings.

The dismantling of the BOR is underway. More so than previously.:mad:

Sad!

·
Registered
76,204 Posts
I dont care about what clinton did, he's not president now. Let me guess trump got a standing ovation too. Big deal, means squat.

Trump and vetting, lets vet only some not all. We all know the vetting that is going on is extreme and not stupid word trump used to gain the cheer of his followers. The vetting process is already a two year process. Trump hasnt changed that and made it what it already is. So anyone from Pakistan, Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia are fine. Ya that's perfect, again what country were the 911 terrorist from. I guess trump forgot that. What an insult to all of us. Protect us or shut up.

Hes is doing nothing for security letting this in but not that. Waterdown garbage. Either you do it all or go home.

I have no problem screening, vetting, detaining or whatever other word suits your view to stop a attack on us. But, trumps is nothing but a piece of the whole problem. Trump himself called it, second version, a watered down bill. No different than the first watered down.
A parentally there is a Vetting Standard by which countries are supposed to adhere to. Those countries can not comply with that standard.
I know you hate trump and I know you want to see him fail so I can only assume you are trying to set the threshold so high that no one would get it past.
BTW I do appreciate why you do not want to reference anything from President Clinton

Reactions: Harry53

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is Judge Derrick Watson part of a Fifth Column movement in our country?

The Honolulu Star Advertiser REPORTS:

”U.S. District Judge Derrick Kahala Watson, who halted President Donald Trump’s revised travel ban Wednesday, is a 1984 graduate of Kamehameha Schools who was in President Barack Obama’s class at Harvard Law School.

Watson, 50, was appointed by Obama in November 2012 and confirmed by the U.S. Senate in April 2013. Watson said in a June 2013 interview with the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that he never met Obama at Harvard and knew him only as head of the school’s law review.”

Unfortunately, we seem to have a Fifth Column movement in our country which extends well within our judicial system, and is doing its best to obstruct our President from taking measures to prevent radical Islamic terrorists and their followers from entering our country. Considering Judge Watson's irrational ruling, he may very well be part of this Fifth Column movement.

JWK

There was a time not too long ago in New York when able-bodied people were ashamed to accept home relief, a program created by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1931 when he was Governor. Now these ticks and fleas not only demand welfare, but use it to buy beer, wine, drugs and Lotto tickets.

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
Salty

you do realize that TRUMP does not have to abide by this ruling don't you, the legislation Branch gave the power to the executive branch the power to bar anyone the President decides from entering the country on any basis whatsoever, the judicial branch cannot change the constitution by decree and Trump could simple tell the to go pound sand, they have no power to enforce their ruling and no standing to make these ruling. The presidents power is clearly defined, So maybe you should be asking the hard questions, why is the Judicial branch (a coequal branch of Government) injecting themselves into this when they don't have the power to do so? That is a clear attack on the other branches of Government, why Trump simply does not ignore this ruling and orders his agencies to move forward is perplexing to me when he clearly has plenary power to do so. And just in case you do not understand what that means here is an explanation:

"In United States constitutional law, plenary power is a power that has been granted to a body, or person, in absolute terms, with no review of, or limitations upon, the exercise of that power."

·
Registered
31,237 Posts

He looks like a fool to anyone who realizes this is a serious issue and it has to go to the Supreme Court. They will always find a Judge to rule against it and until he gets a new Justice on the Court it will be a 4-4 tie and therefore he will lose. The road to get it done become a 100 times harder once he gets a 4-4 loss.

He made his point, now get it done the right way. He won't win until a new Justice is appointed. If he wants to win the war he needs to be smarter about where and when he fights his battle. Don't send the troops in until the air power is ready

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

How exactly does protecting a religious group trample the Constitution? Do you own guns? Should we punish all gun owners because some can't use a firearm in a responsible manner? Should we ban fishing because some idiots keep short fish? Have you ever heard the expression throwing out the baby with the bath water?
I won't deny there are people that claim to be Islamic that do bad things, but should the whole group be punished? Are you saying there are no good Muslims at all and we should trample the religious protection the Constitution lays out?

I am curious....You obviously don't believe this, and don't think it's about security, what do you think it's about?
I think Trump is trying to pacify an ally in the fight against ISIS. I'm just not convinced allowing possible ISIS members to slip the cracks into America is the best way to do it. I'm not even convinced we need Iraq's assistance at all. I'm not convinced we can trust the Iraqi government either. How many Iraqi politicians would love to get rid of some ISIS members by shipping them to America, hoping they give us a little taste of the destruction we gave to Iraq?

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
A parentally there is a Vetting Standard by which countries are supposed to adhere to. Those countries can not comply with that standard.
I know you hate trump and I know you want to see him fail so I can only assume you are trying to set the threshold so high that no one would get it past.
BTW I do appreciate why you do not want to reference anything from President Clinton

I dont care for trump that is very true. But I don't hope a president fails, if they fail we are all hurt by that. I'm not like yourself and others that WANTED the democratic presidents to fail. You wish it would happen. So don't talk to me about wanting a president to fail, just look in that mirror sometime before you open the mouth and the words come out.

President clinton has nothing to do with this president. A standing anything has nothing to do with this president. This one stands on his own like all the others do. He is responsible for his own actions. It's not a, well they did it too.

This guy guy needs to protect us all not just his personal business interests first. We all know why he doesn't have turkey and the UAE on that banned order, Business dealings. Like i said either you do it right or don't do it all. Stop the tip toe garbage. You want to protect us, then protect us.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
I can't wait for the time frame to happen that every country out there tells us the citizens of the USA, that in order to travel to their country you must be vetted first. You must have these set of papers with you at all times. We are vetting for security reasons and they can claim the same. All based on the terrorist threats we've had by our own US citizens.

I'm all for the vetting of an individual from a region of the world, but expect it back in ten fold too.

·
Registered
76,204 Posts
I dont care for trump that is very true. But I don't hope a president fails, if they fail we are all hurt by that. I'm not like yourself and others that WANTED the democratic presidents to fail. You wish it would happen. So don't talk to me about wanting a president to fail, just look in that mirror sometime before you open the mouth and the words come out.

President clinton has nothing to do with this president. A standing anything has nothing to do with this president. This one stands on his own like all the others do. He is responsible for his own actions. It's not a, well they did it too.

This guy guy needs to protect us all not just his personal business interests first. We all know why he doesn't have turkey and the UAE on that banned order, Business dealings. Like i said either you do it right or don't do it all. Stop the tip toe garbage. You want to protect us, then protect us.
1[SUP]st[/SUP] paragraph pure drama but hey I will admit I want to Dems to fail because of what they now stand for.

I never referenced Clinton for what “he did” I reference him for the Applause he received for doing exactly what Trump is doing. It really shows just how Hypocritical the left is but hey

This guy needs to protect us all not just his personal business interests first. We all know why he doesn't have turkey and the UAE on that banned order, Business dealings.
More conjecture. No effort to produce facts but hey it’s the way of the Left – throw mud at the wall to see what sticks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts