BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a charter yesterday on the Stripermania.I drove down the the pkwy from North Jersey and the wind was blowing out of the east.Remember the old saying ? West is best ! East is Least ! Once I got to the Highlands's Capt Lou called me and said Art I am on my way to the boat and said it's pretty windy I don't think we are going to get out.When Capt Lou arrived at the boat he said you guys are here let's try to go fishing.We took the short ride and mate Matt throw the cast net several times and we got all the live bait we needed.Once we got to the tip of the hook the winds were howling and it was rough and we could not make the run to the ground's that have been producing plus we had the kids with us, and we all decided not to do it.We saw several other boat's trying to make the run but they all decided to make u turns.Capt Lou went to Plan B.Since we had live bait in the well Capt Lou took us to a piece in calmer water and we took 3 drift's on some reading's hoping would hook up but nothing was happening therefore he said guy's we are heading in the condition's are just not right.Capt Lou thanks for doing the right thing ;)

Well as much as I wanted to fish on father's day my son and I decided to spend the day in NYC.We went to Lunch and I took my son to the ESPN zone in Times Square.All and all it was nice day.

Art

[ 06-20-2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sunday Am was a sleep in

Sunday Pm showed signs of the swell you guys must have encountered.

You know as well as I do, if Lou can't get you on the fish there are no fish to be had !

:cool:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil that's what I should have done yesterday sleep in that is.What kills me I am now in work and according to Lou it's a mad dog bite this morning.

Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.