BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made in The USA.... everything about this brand, with the exception of the Gami Swivel, is made right here on the East Coast!

These bars are made to troll with light rods, and they have very little drag to them, lighter than almost all daisy chains to drag!

Line through bar design, stinger lure can be swapped out easily, a unique design.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So when are you going to credit Fred Archer??

if you copy someone elses stuff please at least credit them.
Really?
1- These bars are manufactured by and sold under a brand called Big Tuna Teasers. A company that is making the skirts, heads and components for many of the big brands that we all use. They are a manufacturer that is also building private label for many brands your using today. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm selling them... not making them.

2- Do you really want me to run the list of copy cats including sponsors here that are Importing stolen designs. Some of them you guys praise and have them walking on water. I'm sure you have plenty of " Imported copies in your tackle bag as I type this" but that's ok.... because it you right?

At least my shop is 80% + USA made.... from hard working lure makers from around the Country, who fish. Im Not supporting somebody who rips an idea, has it made by a factory filled with children and sells it cheap from their basement ..... just saying...

C'mon now...... stop the nonsense. I did a quick search here.... Can you tell me your not supporting somebody doing worse than your poor attempt at making me look bad???
Stones being tossed from that glass house.... never a smart thing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks good to me Tom
What do they go for?
I am guessing the squid come in a few sizes?
Any chance of putting a small bird on the center of the bar?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Really?
1- These bars are manufactured by and sold under a brand called Big Tuna Teasers. A company that is making the skirts, heads and components for many of the big brands that we all use. They are a manufacturer that is also building private label for many brands your using today. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm selling them... not making them.

2- Do you really want me to run the list of copy cats including sponsors here that are Importing stolen designs. Some of them you guys praise and have them walking on water. I'm sure you have plenty of " Imported copies in your tackle bag as I type this" but that's ok.... because it you right?

At least my shop is 80% + USA made.... from hard working lure makers from around the Country, who fish. Im Not supporting somebody who rips an idea, has it made by a factory filled with children and sells it cheap from their basement ..... just saying...

C'mon now...... stop the nonsense. I did a quick search here.... Can you tell me your not supporting somebody doing worse than your poor attempt at making me look bad???
Google "Archer super bars" and then let me know what you think.

I found it ironic that Fred Archer just passed away (RIP) and this is suddenly marketed this company.

I am aware of what has been copied in the past and have called them out on it.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

need a like button!!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Google "Archer super bars" and then let me know what you think.

I found it ironic that Fred Archer just passed away (RIP) and this is suddenly marketed this company.

I am aware of what has been copied in the past and have called them out on it.

For all we know.. "this company" may have been making the bars for him. As I stated, they are a manufacturer, not a basement bargain bin. I understand your intentions on calling me out and admire them, if you truly stick to your guns ( and as always, my responses are done with a light heart, a wise *** attitude, which can not be portrayed on a computer). I have several items from this company and I can tell you their bars do not come out of the water bent, their heads do not crack, fade or yellow, their leader blows away all of the popular leaders and they recently hit me with this plastic bar that was quite impressive compared to others I have seen.

But as I have said in the past.... I post things up here, not to make the sale to you, but to put them in the sight of fishermen. I have hundreds of interactions with members on many forums, helping them do their own thing.... not buy from me. I even get good information back from them because unlike many members here, I can admit that I don't know it all.

Once in a while, I will post an item for the purpose of selling it. But most of the time.... its to be seen and allow other fishermen to let the light bulb go off. Prior to these bars, I have been selling lightweight titanium bars in my shop, never knowing who Fred Archer was. A member of this forum gave me the idea, as a matter of fact and I modified it a bit. My point is..... there is only so much that can be discovered with fishing tackle. We see people reinventing products every day. I dont have much time to research other companies.
Because I am not one to search the internet, and look to take other ideas, I was unaware of Mr Archer and his "creations". Otherwise, yes.... I may have compared them to his "well known" products. I will give you that much..... simply because it would give the members here another place to look and come up with an idea of their own.

For some reason, people see something on a forum and they go right to the theory that somebody wants to sell something to them. While this may be true with some, its not the way I do things. If I'm looking to sell something, you will see a big bold link to it, with a discounted offer to the members here and I am not shy about it. ;)
My reason for posting this was because it was the first time I have seen a plastic bar capable of holding the action properly. I was already using lighter titanium bars for a few years. I had already seen plastic that was not capable of pulling the lures back against the flow... simply dragging them through the water with 50% of the action.

My biggest conflict on forums is the double talk from members. They talk one way this week, but contradict it a month later, when it benefits them. Im just not a fan of that way of thinking and many guys do not realize they can do a search up here to see what has been posted in the past. Its also how i know when a friend of another dealer is looking to draw me out... its all here to see.

To be honest, I am a believer that the true person who comes up with a unique idea is NEVER the guy who gets to post it on the internet or market it. These guys usually do it for their own benefit of catching fish, not to get rich. There is usually somebody who takes the idea and manages to get it seen first. Taking the credit that belongs to his buddy or fishing partner. Problem is... once its seen online, everybody flocks to that person.

Anyway... your partially right. I may have used Mr Archers name, to compare them to..... had I known about him & his product. But I would have compared it, not assumed it was his product.... for all I know, this company could have been making them all along, so I wouldn't speak about something I was not sure about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.