BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys would appreciate some input on under water LED transom lights mainly for canyon fishing,,I have a 28ft Dusky cc with a 8’6 beam with Twins, looking to rig light for tuna chunking this season,knot looking for just a Pretty Look,what Color and size lights would you recommend for this size Boat,,,was looking at Coastal night lights in blue,Green,white,,I like the looks of Blue,,,, but what color do you fine to be the best for chunking,,,again Appreciate any advice

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthonyg,,Thank You for the Info,,, maybe I was asking for to much Info with my post,,I really was just looking to see what color seem to work best in the canyon,this pass season I seen quite a few boats out there with Blue and Green.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On our Henriques 44 we have two of the big WHITE OceanLED's shooting down, and we have two BLUE OceanLED Amphibians shooting aft from the stern. We have found the BLUE lights shooting aft (under the water surface) gives us less glare at night compared to the WHITEs but still give us plenty of visible light to gaff and work lines in the "shadow" you usually get along the hull from the overhead spreader lights. You will find the underwater lights DO attract huge amounts of bait. On our first night shark trip in 2009 after installing the lights, we were in the Glory Hole area and had mats and mats of sand eels bumping against the lights. They were so thick we scoop netted about 9 - 5 gal pails full, and only stopped because we ran out of pails! As for under gunnel lights in the cockpit, we use four 40-inch BLUE Seamaster LED strip lights. They provide great illumination for dockside mood but also for keeping some low light on in cockpit for night canyon runs without glare or interference with navigation lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.