BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about installing some underwater lights. Nothing real fancy, just something to attract bait and ??? Most of these are real pricey. I saw a pair of Perko lights for under $300. Any opinions on these or others in that price range?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I can see the Perko's that I mentioned only put out 50 lumens which is not very bright. The aforementioned Coastalnightlights single puts out 380 lumens. I was not able to find the lumens output of the also recommended Lumitecs since they did not post this info on their site. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks Ikat, would blue look bad in brackish at the dock?
No it wouldn't but you would lose a little of the blue color. Chris is making me a pair of doubles--blue on the bottom and green on top that I can switch or use both. I like the blue for offshore in the clean water. He said the two togather will be an aqua color so I guess i'm good for in out or in between.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have 2 of Coastal Night Lights double greens off the back of my transom. They look great, for what ever reason they do not attract fish though. My neighbor across the lagoon has a spot light that shines in the water and he has a full aquarium every night. Despite the fact that they do not attract fish I love the lights, the look great.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have 2 of Coastal Night Lights double greens off the back of my transom. They look great, for what ever reason they do not attract fish though. My neighbor across the lagoon has a spot light that shines in the water and he has a full aquarium every night. Despite the fact that they do not attract fish I love the lights, the look great.
Hey I know that "neighbor" you are talking about:D I was surprised to see as much activity this early under my light. Did you get a chance to hit up the depot and make your light yet?
I'm gonna do some togging on Sunday 8am if the weather holds out, come with me if you're not busy....
Thanks again for hookin me up last Saturday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.