BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
I can't see in any of the pictures, the tower, or what's left of it. What kind of underwater collision would cause that much topside damage? It looks like a bomb went off in there. I think the tower somehow got ripped toward the transom. Maybe when it sunk it landed on its top and then rolled back over upright. But that doesn't explain why it sunk.

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
My first thought was the anchor unknowingly free-wheeled to the bottom while at speed, ripping the front of the boat apart. But that does not explain the rest.

I think some salvage co. "secretly" tried to raise the boat by stuffing it with lift bags causing the deck to come off. A few more lift bags tied to the stern and rudder area did the damage to the rear.

Or the boat was just a POS.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Lotza dammaged junk and it will be argued for a long time by so called Xperts...the lawyers are gona love this

What I see is a CORED hull... they shulda used better glue..
and a cored hull in a Bert??? CHEAP ...low classs... CRAP...
start over with a better design and materials.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Gotta call B-S on that one, No way that bouy do that.
I have hit bell`s and they leave a nice gouge.
I`ll admit it, not that proud.
Never run at night with out radar.:nuts:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Public relations nightmare. Type Bertram de on google and the first suggestion is delamination. Wow. Heres the other one that fell apart.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/b...tastrophic-delamination-new-bertram-63-a.html
WOW! Those pictures are unbelievable. Sad to see a once legendary name built like that today.

The under water shots of the other 63 don't show any damage below the waterline. It's difficult to think that a bouy collision caused her to go down. Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Lotza dammaged junk and it will be argued for a long time by so called Xperts...the lawyers are gona love this

What I see is a CORED hull... they shulda used better glue..
and a cored hull in a Bert??? CHEAP ...low classs... CRAP...
start over with a better design and materials.

I didnt see a cored hull? I thought it lookeded liked glass that was shattered and splintered.

Am I looking at something wrong?

I dont but that it hit that buoy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.