BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catch any smallmouths in march? I got a few in april fishing for perch and crappie, but never target them. Any info will help.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Drummer, I fish the big U with my partner all year, starting in January. We have caught approx. 7 smallies and alot more misses. One of them nearing 4 lbs.. Caught on jigs and cranks between 7 to 14ft water. We went out today for a couple hours and had three massive top water hits (using 3" chug bugs:eek: ). Water temp was at 52 near the eagles nest. My buddy ended up landing one largemouth at a little over 2lbs. UNION RULES:cool:

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
I KNOW WERE THEY ARE !!:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
they are definatelly in the deaper waters now.... Try drift fishing the old road beds that are located directly across from the country club.. the drop off is 3' right to 25'.... we usually catch quite a few there!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
union lake smallmouths

Thanks for the info,going next weekend. I know where you talking about. I wonder where they stage for prespawn, should be at the edge of dropoffs.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Drummer said:
Thanks for the info,going next weekend. I know where you talking about. I wonder where they stage for prespawn, should be at the edge of dropoffs.
WELL MY PHONE DIDN'T RING YET,OH, LET ME CHECK MY RINGER.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
bigolebuck said:
they are definatelly in the deaper waters now.... Try drift fishing the old road beds that are located directly across from the country club.. the drop off is 3' right to 25'.... we usually catch quite a few there!
YACHT club?
See you on deck SENATOR!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
IIRC, there is no country club on Union Lake. However, there is a "Yacht Club". Most of the "yachts" don't exceed 20 ft. I also didn't realize that a road ran through that area before they flooded the lake. It is true that there is a good drop off close to the bluffs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts