BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to locate the smallies at Union Lake on Friday. I was using my depth finder to locate fish. I had live minnows and threw every lure I had,to buy a bite-- Nothing doing. The fish have made up their mind, their not biting.
I can remember years ago, maybe back in the 80's. I fished with a friend and he caught a 5lb bass or better in the cove on the right side of the dam. The lure he used was a Mister Twister Chummin Minnow. Does anybody remember this lure? It's pretty much like the Beetle Spin. I guess anybody can just put a swim bait on a little spinner rig and make your own Chummin Minnow. I pull my hair out just trying to get a fish here in February.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i know mepps use to have a spinbait something like that a little gray color minnow on a spinner bait system did really well with that.I know union pretty good try over on the right side where that point is just before the dam in 7 to 12 feet of water.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Seems like Union is feast or famine with me. I either have a great day or strike out all together. Big lake makes them hard to find sometimes. Atleast for me any way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Josh. Bigger lakes are harder to locate fish, especially in the winter. Smaller lakes, the fish do not have a lot of places to go. The water temperature is starting to rise, though. When I was out there on Friday, the water temperature was around 43 degrees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts