BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing the sod banks just north of Capemay inlet, and I was surprised to see a seal swimming around my boat. I was wondering if any one else saw this seal on 3/27.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Me and BIGGESTJACK saw one on the 26th up around sunset lake. He was heading north up the ICW. :cool:

·
Registered
548 Posts
they say seals are making a comeback after years of bad or polluted waters in this area. i still have not seen one but looking

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I saw two mini porpoises in the Cape May Inlet in between the jetties. I thought they were seals at first. Do porpoises stay around during the winter months?

[ 03-30-2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Joe D. ]

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I had one behind Corsons on sunday sitting on mudbank,threw a herring towards it and he suck it right up

·
Registered
315 Posts
not too unusual they are all over until a little after the weakfish and small blues show up but none the less great sighting..

·
Registered
600 Posts
years ago i wondered, while I was in the water clamming, if all the seals around me in the water would attract sharks. I think it is possible that the seals attract sharks , whether or not a shark like a great white would venture into our back bays is un-known by me, I do know however that I caught and released a baby great white shark 3 years ago about 30 or 40 miles of the New Jersey coast.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I saw some seals repeatedly on the dock next to the 96th st bridge in stone harbor but this was a year or two ago. Far26 nudged (Not Kicked!) it with his foot because he kept coming on the dock after us lol. After we left the dock the seal (or sea otter :confused: ) came back and with a companion this time. I think its mating time.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Fred81876:
years ago i wondered, while I was in the water clamming, if all the seals around me in the water would attract sharks. I think it is possible that the seals attract sharks , whether or not a shark like a great white would venture into our back bays is un-known by me, I do know however that I caught and released a baby great white shark 3 years ago about 30 or 40 miles of the New Jersey coast.
WHITES COME A LOT CLOSER THAN 40 MILES,TRY THE MOUTH OF THE DELAWARE BAY.THEN THERE IS THE FAMOUS ATTACKS IN I THINK THE MATAWAN CREEK OFF RARITIAN BAY,MAYBE SOMEONE WILL HAVE THE YEAR ABOUT 1911--14.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.