BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was melting down some lead the other day and came across these unusual weights in the bucket. Not sure why they made such odd sizes

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
lol here i always thought they made the mold.. made the sinker then weighed it lol and then produced whatever weight they could get out of the mold

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Black Iron Metal Circle Natural material I use 2 1/2 oz dippsies 90 percent of the time I am bottom fishing the bay...I only run across them occasionally and buy every one they have

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
we have a standing joke on my boat . someone always asks for a #7 or an #11

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I have a reading mold for the one on the right, cushion style in 1.5,2.,2.5,3,3.5 and like you if I use sinkers it is usually 2.5 oz. If you want to do a pour one day let me know.
thanks for the offer..if I ever run out of sources I know where to go!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
we have a standing joke on my boat . someone always asks for a #7 or an #11
I have a bunch of different size molds Do-it a few years came up with a 7 oz. /9 oz. combo mold so I had to have it. I wanted a 14 oz. but I really do not see why a 12 or 16 oz. like I have be that critical at that weight. Talking lead I cast 3 doz. bucktail jigs today 2/3/4/5/and 6 oz. Paint and bake another day

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I wish I had just 1- 7oz so when some one asks I could show it to them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts