BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended Long Beach Townships caucus meeting this morning..
While they recieved very few e-mails in opposition to the pending ordinance pertaining to restricting vehicle access within 25 feet of the toe of the dune, it appears that the ones they did recieve combined with some phone calls have been enough to convince LBT to withdraw the ordinance for further evaluation.

You will be able to see this confirmed on Jay Manns Site as well as Fisherman's Headquarters Site and perhaps others sometime this evening.
I beleive Commisioner Palmer is calling many of the local shops and papers to try to get the word out.

The reason for my post is to let anyone traveling any distance and possibly losing time at work as much notice as possible. So they can save the time if it becomes necessary in the future.

Still might not be a bad idea for some of the local fisherman to show up at the meeting to thank the Governing Body for reconsidering.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank the Commissioners

Sorry to hear "very few e-mails", it was very easy to send one with the links provided in one of the posts. It's not to late to send one saying thanks. Stand up and be counted!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
got a email back and this is what it says.....

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the proposed dune buggy ordinance introduced at the last Township meeting. You will be happy to know that at this morning’s caucus meeting I pulled Ord. 0806C from Friday’s meeting. As of now the issue is closed.

Thank you for your interest in this matter and if you have any further suggestions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Robert Palmer
Commissioner, Long Beach Township

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I got the same email - job well done LBI guys.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I received the same e-mail response as well. It just goes to show that letting the elected officials know where we stand can make a difference.

FYI-We must watch, for this will come up again. Thank one and all.

Regards and tight lines.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Lets hope OBX has the same result. Hearing will be fri, april 4th.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I got the e-mail as well and I am very happy that they pulled it and will be at the meeting to thank them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dad / Mike,

I'm going tomorrow anyway. Just want to keep them honest.

Eric

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pirate/Went

Unfortunately I was unable to make the meeting at the very last minute. I was actually there getting my permit when a personal matter arose.

Can you give us all an update. I do understand it was tabled rather than pulled. At least they are willing to listen at this point.

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dadthefisherman said:
Pirate/Went

Unfortunately I was unable to make the meeting at the very last minute. I was actually there getting my permit when a personal matter arose.

Can you give us all an update. I do understand it was tabled rather than pulled. At least they are willing to listen at this point.

Thanks
The ordinance was tabled for further eveluation.
Mayor Gove collected a list of names of interested parties to put together a group to have meetings to discuss both the "date changes" and the "toe of the dune" issue, to come to a conclusion of what changes if any would address their safety concerns, and also not be an unnecessary burden to the fishing community.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It was easy enough to send an email and it is nice to know LBT listened this time. Hopefully more voices will be heard in the future. I never got the return email, I hope they received mine!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dad,

What Multman said. I signed up. There were about 10-12 names on the list when I signed it.

Pirate

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
smitty919 said:
got a email back and this is what it says.....

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the proposed dune buggy ordinance introduced at the last Township meeting. You will be happy to know that at this morning’s caucus meeting I pulled Ord. 0806C from Friday’s meeting. As of now the issue is closed.

Thank you for your interest in this matter and if you have any further suggestions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Robert Palmer
Commissioner, Long Beach Township
nice Smitty !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts