BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, I have been exploring ways to improve cheaper reels without spending too much money because i don't want to pay too much for reels that I tend to beat up or lose (dropped a few off the kayak LOL)

I have created a vlog after I have installed the Orange Sealed ABEC 7 Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Boca Bearing company onto my 13 Fishing Inception reel (a 120 dollar value reel).

Part 1 of my Vlog:
This first video, I am sharing my initial thoughts of the upgrade reel and going out to do some casts and catching some fish. Note that this first outing, I am using the bearings bone dry as it came out of the package. The initial thoughts is that the lure that I have tested (limited only) came out smoother and easier, but not necessarily further.

Future Vlogs will consist of me testing the following:
-throwing lighter lures
-hoping I am able to throw lures further after getting accustomed to the new bearings
-adding oil as further research said you should add very little oil to make your bearings last longer. If it was full ceramic, then it does not need any lubing.

Questions for the BB family:
-if you guys have experience with these bearings, if i were to add oil, what should i use? I am a hot sauce guy and somewhere in the internet world, someone claimed that boca frowned upon using this, but no where on the boca website does it claims this
-have you upgrade your reels and gained further casting or smoother casting? is it worth changing out bearings from mid-level to higher end reels?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I replaced a roller bearing on a ci4 with a boca bearing been using it all summer so far so good. Time will tell how it holds up.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced a roller bearing on a ci4 with a boca bearing been using it all summer so far so good. Time will tell how it holds up.
awesome,which one did you replace with? and did you add oil if it was a ceramic hybrid? I believe i should as further research... just trying to get a good oil recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts