BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a ramp in south Jersey that has at least 27" of water at low tide? I had to wait till two hours after low on Saturday afternoon to get out at the OC Municipal ramp. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Try Smith's Marina in Somers Point($10), right next to Smith's Clam Bar

·
Registered
18 Posts
NOB'S RAMP in Avalon Manor is a great ramp. 10 feet of H2O at low tide the ramp is a little short but I've pulled my 23 footer out with the winch. (and only $5) And a 4 minute boat ride to townsend inlet bridge. 6-10 feet of water the whole way to the intercoastal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is Nob's ramp the one on the road to Avalon Point?

If so, i've looked at it a couple of times and want to give it a try. The channel looks good on the chart but how much trailer can you get in at 1 hour either side of a normal low tide. I have a 23 SeaCraft inboard I used to keep up on the Great Egg River that I am trailering this year (experimenting with new areas), so the more water the better. At least the ramp is steep so that would help.

How is the parking? It doesn't look like there is much space near the ramp.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
e-mail Nob to get specifics. He's flukemaster here on the Barn. If not, the Stone Harbor Municipal Marina (81st street) should meet your needs.
Grab

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ralph He is on the way to Avalon Pt. and on normal low tide I've put my 23 ft Chapparal on a roller trailer in and out at Nob's. Of course out I used the power winch. But as I said the channel is good all the way to the intercoastal. Also there is parking down on the right and left and the people are pretty cool all around down there, so as long as your not in front of someones house you'll be ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.