BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get a poll on this. When anchored up with one anchor chuncking for stripers in the back waters sometimes when the wind is blowing the boat sways back and forth making your fishing line slack and then tight, boat in the middle of the creek, boat up against the bank, can be quite annoying, I know you guys know what I m talking about. Tried a small danforth type anchor, like one for a 14ft. aluminum boat and my 20' boat just kept swaying anyway. Was thinking about getting one of those 12 pound grapple type anchors for a second anchor when this problem happens again. What do you guys use for a second anchor back there? Any ideas on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
check out the web sit for KAREN ANN 2 he has some good hints for a double anchor system for a wreck. the tip about a bridle system should work perfect for what you need.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I like the sea anchor idea cause you can get it out of the way with a big fish.

I just use a second danforth rated for the boat. I'm 21 ft and use a 13 on the front (One size bigger than needed) with 10 ft heavy chain and I use an 8 with 4 ft of chain for the back/spare anchor for the boat.

She'll sit right there for ya this way if you know how to set the anchors.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
something that the rip monster at our dock does that i'm going to try this year is to put the anchor line around the center clete.he has a 23'cc and he stayed a lot more stable than my 21'cc with the rope out the bow.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you don't want to double anchor, bridle will keep swing in check somewhat.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Tie a length of rope off the stern cleat about 3/4 the length of the boat with a clip on the end. Clip it to your anchor line. I think it is called a breast anchor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts