BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my boat in at Utch's yesterday, got my slip all set up, went fishing for a while, came back and started to clean my boat and you guessed it, no running water. Asked one of the Utch's, he said "oh, we won't have water for about two weeks" and looked away. So, I can't flush my engine or clean my boat. Luckily, I did not catch anything, so I did not have fish blood all over. Must be nice to have a business where the customer doesn't matter, because every marina seems to have more customers than slips. I vow not to go back there again, unfortunately the location is primo. Somehow I don't think they care if I come back for a third year or not. Thanks for letting me vent!!!

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
Avalon Pointe is the same way. They could care less. Captive audience.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
That's why I don't put mine in untill May. I guess there are a lot more things to do to get a marina up and running in the spring ,so I don't hold it against them. Bree- Zee-Lee the same way, no water at the slips yet, and I realy like the place.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, but they have many months to get things done. The contract states April 15 to Oct. 15 and they demand their money and a lot of it!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Water is on at BZL.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
BRIAN--DO YOU LIVE ON THAT SIDE OF THE ICW??
No. On the Island. The reason I haven't moved over to Pete's is that it looks like there may be a bigger boat in my future.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
The shame of it is that no marina in NJ can hold a candle to the facilites in Florida. When I pull into New Port Cove down there, a guy comes and picks me up in a golf cart and takes me and my gear to the boat. The service down south is unbelieveable.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
The shame of it is that no marina in NJ can hold a candle to the facilites in Florida
Younger, I agree. I wish mine was there ;)
Maybe someone wants to trade :D

[ 04-17-2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: OffTheHook ]

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Its still early guys. You need to give the marinas time. As for having many months to get things done, I dont think so. Most places will start putting things together in March. Anything before that they are taking a big gamble. I would never put my boat into the slip before May 1st. 90% of all boat damage is done before May 1st and after Sept. 30th. Yes you get your few nice days but when it blows it blows during this time of year.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still no reason to be rude!

·
Registered
72 Posts
21c--I agree with you. I am over at Harbour Cove and I know how much I am paying to keep my boat over there. If I was not getting something I am paying for, I would be just as upset.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
Originally posted by barnaclebillsmarine:
Its still early guys. You need to give the marinas time. As for having many months to get things done, I dont think so. Most places will start putting things together in March. Anything before that they are taking a big gamble. I would never put my boat into the slip before May 1st. 90% of all boat damage is done before May 1st and after Sept. 30th. Yes you get your few nice days but when it blows it blows during this time of year.
I disagree. If the marina owners do not want to make the commitment to quality customer service, they should sell to someone who cares. Marinas in FL put the places up here to SHAME. I have to park far from my boat because marina employees are too lazy to park across the street. They pull right up next to the docks because they do not feel like walking 50 yards. Guess what? Marina management could care less. Cripes, we don't even have carts at APM.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Younger, come on now, comparing Cape May marinas to Palm Beach marina's. If we could run full time and charge those rates, you would have valet service I'm sure! As for water, every marina's different, luckily my water went on opening weekend, but last week there were a couple of nights that temp dropped to 30, so I can understand why someone would wait.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
Originally posted by OffTheHook:
Younger, come on now, comparing Cape May marinas to Palm Beach marina's. If we could run full time and charge those rates, you would have valet service I'm sure! As for water, every marina's different, luckily my water went on opening weekend, but last week there were a couple of nights that temp dropped to 30, so I can understand why someone would wait.
I am talking some basic stuff here. One of the reasons that the Marinas there are more expensive is real estate values and taxes.....Waterfront land in Palm Beach County is worth at least 4x as much as comparable land in NJ. RE tax rates are 4X higher as well....meaning that a marina in PB can pay as much as 16x the RE taxes as on in NJ. I would just appreciate a few little things from my marina..

stop closing earlier than the posted time

be available to fuel my boat later in the evening during peak season

provide a few carts for slip holders

keep the docks in better shape

reserve parking for customers, not employees

treat me like a customer, not an annoyance

i don't need the Palm Beach treatment, just want them to try a little harder.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts