BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting in?
We'll be in it aboard the Hoggy Style!

Not exactly sure of the dates,i think Oct.20,21,and 22.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dp

[ 09-30-2005, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: fshlot ]

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Luck G!!
We done pretty good the last couple years,hopefully this year will be no different! ;)

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by REGULATOR 23:
I that a fish 3 day tourney???

what is the entry??
400$..Or 350 before oct.10 There are also a couple calcuttas (daily and overall) pay them separate.

Fish for 3 days with 3 fish per day.Total weight of 3 days is the winner.Also 2nd and 3rd prizes.

Just call Utschs for more details!

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone sign up yet?

I was going to sign up before the Oct.10th,but if this water temp doesn't go down i may never sign-up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dp

[ 10-10-2005, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: fshlot ]

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
I hear ya fshlot, we allready signed up..water temps got me a little worried..can't remember last time they weren't here by the last week of October?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
question @ 400.00 and 100 boats comes to 40K how much is the payout ??

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think they get 100 boats Vdawg.Maybe 60-70.I think whoever runs a tourny,usually makes a little something.Is this why you don't get in it?Besides, if you catch a 79lber,you'll get $100,000!! :D

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yes agreed when people run a turney they stand to make a little something IMHO 30K is excessive

what also is excessive is ,you say 75 boats x that by 3 fish per day per boat comes to 675 Big bass Kills ...

I dont think 675 big bass need to be killed to declare a winner of 1 tourney ......

also i hate 3 day tourneys,Time is MONEY!!

--------------------------------------------------

In this day and age,after seeing stripers come and go and now to have them back again,I feel That a 1 or 2 day tourney is more Par for the course..with a 1 or 2 fish weight in per day ....

maybe just my CRAZY way of thinking !!!!
BUt you asked ,so i answered ...Just my oppinions of course ....

[ 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
VDawg, It's a 2 per man, per day limit of over 34" fish w/ tags, you can have 6 anglers per boat, that's 12 legal fish per day, 18 if you get your slots! Weighing in 3 fish per day hardly seems excessive to me! 3 days makes it a challenge, most good tourney's are atleast 2 days, it negates the luck factor!

Also, to beleive every boat catches & weighs in their 3 fish limit each day would be neive!
FACT, last year we were the ONLY boat to weigh in 3 fish per day! Each year alot of the field gets skunked 1, 2 or all 3 days. To beleive 100's of cows are killed is wrong! People weigh in just as many slots, tweeners & skunks. If fishing was easy, we'd call it catching!

I see the results each year, I know the facts, to say you are way off base w/ your numbers would be an understatement! Come on VDawg, lets be for real here. You think 3 fish per day for a 6 man crew is excessive? How many fish per day/season do your charters kill? Come, on, lets not be hypocritical about this!

We join it solely to support one of the longest tenured marinas in Cape May so they don't sell it to the developers who come calling every winter! It's hard to keep turning down that money! The Utsch's are good people, join the tourney and support their cause! I'm looking forward to the fun!

[ 10-11-2005, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
ya see G ,we dont provide bonus cards on charters,also i personally have not applied for a bonus card for the last 3 yrs.

last year I kept 10 stripers TOTAL for the year...

also you may think that charters Kill every fish aloud by law,BUt they dont and we do encourage C&R in a big way .....

also i wasnt trying to cram anything down anyone's throats ..
I was asked why i dont fish the tourney ..
I gave my honest answer,Hey Looks like im wrong with my assumptions ,i never really even looked at the results of the tourney !!!

you seem up to snuff on it ,so i'll take your word

I only stated the way i feel Personally,whats wrong with that ...
I wasnt trying to tell anyone else what to do...
I am a firm believer in,that if you stay within your leagal limits,ITS your call on what YOU take or dont take,I would never bash or question anyone ,who stays within the law,even if its not right for me,or how i think ....

Thank you for edjucating me as to more realistic numbers,,and im really glad you did,I have been misinformed for many, many yrs. about the tourney ....

after Reading your reply i would fish it in a heartbeat ...
If it wasnt 3 days .....
Just to much for me ! My back would never allow it.....

HEY WHEN IM WRONG Im WRONG,and I was wrong ..I apologize

I used to Kill alotta big stripers,I just dont do it anymore ....

The only time you will see me personally Kill a big striper now a day's is in a Tourney ....

[ 10-11-2005, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Thanks VDawg, no hard feelings bro. I personally killed 3 stripers last year, one a day for the tourney while releasing a bunch! I just thought I'd use your post to educate those who make innacurrate asumptions about this tourney to the real facts. There should be no sour grapes about the way the tourneys run...which is quite conservatively when you look at the facts, it's half or 1/3 w/ tags of a 3 man limit per day for crying out loud! I'd just like to see those who can swing it, join it, if for nothing else, to support the marina.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been doing it almost every year since they started this tourny.They have some nice door prizes to go along with a decent bbq afterwards.

3 days in a row is a challenge,but if your catching fish it's worth it.The weather seems to never cooperate around this tourny,maybe this year will be different!!...Good luck capt.G

1 - 20 of 57 Posts