BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought into the commercial and picked up the 40 piece set of this UV Tightline baits...anyone else hear of it or use it ? Seems like a common sense idea and the 40 piece kit came in with a good selection of soft baits to try out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :) went to forge pond today and threw a uv grub and a spinner bait with uv grub trailer for a solid hour but no bites. Gonna try my luck at Chatsworth Lake tomorrow afternoon. It looks like low and slow approaches are yielding best results right now and tomorrow could hit 60 !

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Try some bacon, we used to hook a 4 inch slice and split the end, no weight just let it drift down and give it a 'kick" every now and then it looks like a frog. My son was about 4 y/o and hooked a pic that almost pulled him in at the back Forge lake. thing was 20 inches and could have swallowed a 40 oz beer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never been recommended to use bacon before in my life ! Awesome little trick def will try that next time I am up that way thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed billy I was really just escaping my wife's baby shower for a little while :). I just moved from toms river so a lot of good memories from occ pond, Shenandoah, and I launched frequently at carasojo great fishing in that lake.

I am now trying to figure out where to fish near my new area (Barnegat). So far I found good reviews on holiday lake in ocean acres but that's about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! I do have a small 10' bass tender with 42lb minn Kota so a close place to launch would be awesome. If not I got my wader boots and good stamina for land casting :)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yeah, I am not familliar with that area so I can't help you there but I can tell you that the computer is a great resource to do some recon thru google maps and other sites you will find when you search "fishing in Barnegat NJ", "Bass fishing near Barnegat" etc. etc. Just keep using different key words until you find some things you are looking for. Thats how I found all the places I referenced earlier and am still finding new places. Have you ever heard of Pine Lake or Waddill Lake dam? I am gonna give these places a try this year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's been my strategy so far. Pine lake in Manchester I am familiar with... There is decent shore access which wraps around to a nice Lilly pad area which is land fishable also. Caught some quality pickerel but nothing else so far. There is no place to launch a boat but you could easily drag a canoe/kayak in there which could open up a LOT of possibility as 80% of that lake is restricted to water access.

Wadill lake dam is inside a gated adult community so unless you know someone I don't think you will be able to fish there. I got lucky enough to fish Leisure Village Adult community once which is also gated and man that was fun caught over 20 bass between 1-2 lbs and 3 or 4 in the 3-5 lb range. They over stock those lakes and the fish bite ANYTHING you throw at them.

Don't waste your time with Horicon Lake in Lakehurst (nearby to Pine Lake)... It's not stocked and was treated years back which killed off the fish population. There are some small pickerel and catfish in there but not worth the time considering other nearby lakes to fish.

Good luck !

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thanks for the info. Yeah I will be dropping my 12 footer in Pine Lake with the trolling motor. Saw what looked like standing timber in parts of the lake and will fish it hard when I do.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yeah I will just find a spot and carry it to the water. It's only a 12 foot aluminum so I just lift it up and carry it overhead. Did see a spot right next to the road that may work. Let ya know when I go.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.