BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have plans to fish va beach forget the striper gear and bring only 50w and 80w because there are no bass in sight only bft and their right off the beach we were ill prepared for tuna taking with us only 30s and 16s, only a hand full of bass were caught during the trip and many bfts were lost due to ill preparation or boat traffic

we ran a 28 Jupiter out of cape may that we trailered down all and all if was a good change of pace
Captain mario , Captain pete and myself made the drive down making for an all-star crew but you cant catch what isnt their out of 250 boats there may have been a handful that caught bass i have to add there was a remarkable amount of bait , no wonder the tuna are there in 30 foot of water

these bass moved on either south or up the bay
we hit it hard for 3 days trying every tactic available and 0 bass with giant season closing out in NC and the bass gone its time to focus on next spring in NJ thanks again
to Mario "North Cote" and Pete Corbo 'top hevy' we hit it hard ,,, rough way to end the bass season

if anyone is going down and has questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bass and bluefin don't make a happy couple............when I was fishing on The Renegade out of Brielle, NJ this fall Capt. Mike would intentionally vacate the area and run 10 miles + to get clear of the Bluefin, it always worked out and we found the bass. Good report on the bluefin, I wonder if they will make it to NC or hold up off VA all "winter"?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question , theres a lot of bait off va beach right now , i wouldnt be surprised it they stayed ,,, i was down in morehead city after xmass and we could find any bluefin , now the giant seasons closed , we looked further offshore for the bass but no luck they either moved on south or went up the bay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.