BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By a WoMan, Carolyn Brown, 63 lbs 0 oz. Off Corolla Light, NC. By all accounts, she is an expert angler.

Phil

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
What is it with women and 63 lb. bass? Great job ladies! :D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
First its the striper happiness in the other post & now this.
I just saw on the news of the Delaware all frozen over & theyre worried about flooding.
How long till we get our chance again?
I HATE this weather!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Capt. Badfinger & myself had the pleasure of fishing with her last week in Morehead City NC. However, we were just lucky to get out for a few hours due to the weather & couldn't buy a hit.

She is the top female angler in Virginia!

She was dieing to get in the chair to fight a Giant Bluefin. Hell, even I wasn't sure about battling one of those Buggers on a 130!

[ 01-31-2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: BBunker ]

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
She fished with us monday on the Hooked Up,She has a couple other state records if I am not mistaken.Carolyn`s son holds the Junior World Record for Black Drum at 105lbs that he caught sight casting on a spinning rod at the Bay Bridge Tunnel,he also has a 87lb Cobia hanging on his wall :eek: so this fish was no Fluke :D

[ 01-31-2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: captainbadfinger ]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carolyn is very well known fisherman, CCA VA and former moderator on another VA website. She is a schoolteacher who got seriouly into fishing with her son (my kind of gal!)

I met her once at Rudee Inlet, as I used to live there before moving to Philly.

I am not surprised the record broken, but am surprised it was so late in their season, on oceanfront down by Corolla NC light. It's been a tough, cold winter even there for the ocean fishery!

Anyway, did not want anyone to mistake her for a "one weekend out with the boyfriend fisherman"

Previous VA record was around 61 lbs in Ches. Bay by a Mr. Muse.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I made the point she is an expert angler. I didn't want anyone to think she "stumbled" on this fish. She is good friends with Juggernaut(Larry Holmes) who is registered and stops by on this board from time to time. He is an expert angler in his own right.

Phil

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great fish...but I wonder how many fish of that size fall to the nets down in Va. and N.C. (including the ones that never get a chance to get that big !!). It's a shame what the netters get away with down there !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Someone help, But, isn't it where you caught the fish. Not where you bring it to scales. That Fish was caught in N.C. therefore it should be a tie 60 pounds 1972. Katherine Willis. Am I wrong about this.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blood Stains,

The port of departure and return is the state where the fish is recorded. for example, if there was no EEZ and the fish was caught 25 miles off NC, it couldn't be a NC record because that ain't NC waters.

Phil

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.