BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never heard of these till today. Seems they make an anti reverse reel, with gearing that increases the retrieve rate. Their website says they have been around a long time. They are made about 25 miles from my house. Just wondering if anybody has a comment on them. Not that I need another reel( yes, I know, it rarely becomes a question of need, it is more a question of accumulation).:D

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Same with these, I think I heard they were quite good. Can't say for sure. Hope Bob gets in on this question, he's quite the resource as far as reels go. Did you ever see his left arm? It's huge.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, I am sure we will hear from him on this. I saw one on ebay, and did a web search for them, and they are real close to me. Interesting

Would Bob's condition be related to the same reason that VF says you have an overly developed right hand and wrist, or is that a different condition altogether?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
My son has a couple & he likes them. I've used them a bit & they appear to be fine.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
i got one about 15 yrs ago when i was into saltwater fly fishing. it was a high quality anti reverse reel. i haven't used it in about 13 years but i would think it is still a good reel.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bunch of wise guys with the left arm comments:rolleyes:

I really do not know to much about this comapany. Making an anti reverse reel is not really anymore difficult than making a single action. With a quick glance the thing that would concern me with their reels is the fact they are using Delrin for the Drag surface. Delrin is a great plastic for reel handles and such but it is still plastic and really has no place in the mechanics of any reel in my opinion (and my father was one of the inventors of this polymer at Dupont). The next run of CRG-II reels and spools will have over sized, machined Delrin handles (Just like Tibor)

Look for a couple interesting things from Colton this summer. I am working with **** Bell (Going to visit him in Scotland in May) and Alex Kaplan on a few projects now. Some of you guys already know that my partner and my father were both PHD Chemists for Dupont Polymers and Elastomer. Look for a new fly line to hit the market later this year. I will be passing out a bunch for reaaaal cheap in a month or so for testing. A lot of guys made jokes about this before wondering why I didn't do this first given my connections. Well, It just didn't look as fun as rods and reels. Turns out I was wrong. It has been a lot of fun.

As far a Valentine goes I really can't make any other comments except they look old school and they use plastic for the drag surface. I would be curious to see what's inside though

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,
The oversized handle that you mentioned, will it be available as a retrofit for existing CRG2 reels?I would be looking for a left handed one for the 9/11 that is on the way.:D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob, I will let you know when SHE arrives. I think I will name her Kristen. Seems that is a rather popular name these days, especially in NY. Kind of apropos, seeing as how they are both associated with hooking.:eek:

·
Registered
516 Posts
clever

too funny. A few years back it would have been Monica - she was cheaper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts