BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the stream for an hour before work yesterday.....
BWO's started coming off 15 minutes after I got there.
I only had size 20's and ended up losing the only two I hooked...
Still a great day. Boy did it feel good....:)

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had one, never will......:D :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nice little creek and good to see BWOs hatchin, the bread and butter of spring fly fishing.

I remember reading about some creeks in PA that see a lot of inchworms and the green weenies were killer. I have them and I slay fresh stockers on them, does that mean I am unpure?

RyanF

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
RyanF said:
I remember reading about some creeks in PA that see a lot of inchworms and the green weenies were killer. I have them and I slay fresh stockers on them, does that mean I am unpure?

RyanF
You mean cause you're fishin for stockers or using attractors?? :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Clarks Creek in Dauphin county is known for the inch worm...umm...not really a hatch, or maybe it is. Anyway the brookies in there love weenies. I'm far from a purist anyway and if it's made from string, feather, etc. I got no problem throwing it as long as it works.

And as far as Valley goes, yah there are some brutes in there. A friend of mine landed a 27 inch native brownie out of there years ago. The stream hasn't been stocked for probably 20 years.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was fishing the junction of Valley and the Skuke about 15 years ago and had 2 very large brownies,I mean very large (over 25"),chase my spinner in the creek....My heart was in my throat..:eek:
They never took it..:(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
OVER THE RAIL said:
You mean cause you're fishin for stockers or using attractors?? :D
You are right. I am scum, Ill go to the sporting gentleman tomorrow and get Orvised out. LONG LIVE THE GREEN WEENIE

RyanF

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Yo, use whatever you want. I was bustin on RJG, that's all. You hopped in, so I gave you some, too. The green weenie is an old debate. Some like it. Some don't. Nothing personal. Fish however you'd like.

As for me, nah, I don't wear one of these.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
OVER THE RAIL said:
Yo, use whatever you want. I was bustin on RJG, that's all. You hopped in, so I gave you some, too. The green weenie is an old debate. Some like it. Some don't. Nothing personal. Fish however you'd like.

As for me, nah, I don't wear one of these.

I was just bustin too my man. I refuse to use the smileys and people get the wrong idea sometimes.

RyanF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts