BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are looking for the best reels in fishing i happend to find some new Van Staals in stock at TackleDirect. Just a FYI .

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Linesideweb42,
What's The TackleDirect Price on the New VS ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
CHANGES

The new model is now a VS100B or G in place of S and N (all models).

Solid Titanium shaft with an 86 Rockwell hardness Titanium nitride coating.

Smoother and larger spool lip for even longer casts.

Machined in cross pattern on the spool hub for firmer grip of the line.

New ball bearing drag system that is maintenance free and water proof.

New polished stainless steel precision machined counter weight that takes out all the wobble.

Each reel is statically balanced to within a fraction of a gram.

An additional ball bearing (now 2) has been added to the line roller, plus a new type of seal for ultra reliability. The line roller itself is machined from solid Titanium.

A service kit will be available for purchase for those who want to service their own reels. The kit includes a special wrench that will not damage the anodize on the reel when the cover is removed.

The whole reel has been upgraded with new Teflon seals and lubrication systems.

Drag knob shape has changed, and cross pin hidden inside.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Why do you call them the best reels in fishing?

I have two, one four years old (VS200) and one three (VS250).

I had to spend $290 to get my 200 fixed a year after I bought it. (a little banged up, but not abused). When I complained about the repair price for the "indestructable" reel the response fron the guy at Van Stall was "hey even a $70,000 Mercedes breaks down" My response was "yeah, but it probably doesn't cost $35,000 to fix it"

I paid my $290, which makes the the proud owner of a $750 reel, that I haven't used in two years.
Which by the way has since locked up and won't crank.

I'll stick with the Penns or Okuma reels. They may not work well under water in Montauk or handel the sand well, But I won't give Van Zebco another dime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts