BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks Chuck. Just reworked my bonehead list and put blow boats at # 2 and Kayakers in NY harbor at #1 bonehead. Think I saw a cameo by Manhattan Fly in there too!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
And at the top of the Darwin list...

Thanks Chuck. Just reworked my bonehead list and put blow boats at # 2 and Kayakers in NY harbor at #1 bonehead. Think I saw a cameo by Manhattan Fly in there too!

Has to be Kayaker at night on the hudson!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The jet skiers trump the kayakers on my list. They are lawless subhuman animals. When the sewage plant was dumping millions of gallons of raw feces in the Hudson last summer they were out there blasting through brown wakes. We had a good laugh at them when they came to the fuel dock.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Great video! In fact out standing!! Gives a great perspective from all who use the water! You would think there would be a look out up on the bow, like a small pilot house on a ship 900 ft? But that another subject all together. Thank you for sharing, something like this, is something that saves lives!:bow:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I hear ya on that one....

Great video! In fact out standing!! Gives a great perspective from all who use the water! You would think there would be a look out up on the bow, like a small pilot house on a ship 900 ft? But that another subject all together. Thank you for sharing, something like this, is something that saves lives!:bow:
I also did not realize that the sandy hook pilot handed off to a docking pilot. That is one job that I would not want. As I assume very few of those crews speak english as a first language.

As well I once heard that to be a pilot in NY Harbor you have to draw the chart for the harbor from the entrance to ambrose from memory.

I am a documentary freak but I would find one on harbor pilots interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts