1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Video of striped bass fishing on my flats skiff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrM9U4UoLZs

My cousin Joe with a striped bass.

I took this back in late December. Last fish of the year on the skiff. He had come up from Florida. He fished hard all morning. Freezing cold out , he hooked one and was pretty happy to get a bass before heading back home.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Very Nice When A Plan Comes Together !

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! As we go along, I'll be putting up alot more vids for this year aswell.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This past December running out to sandy hook in 30 degree weather my buddy said " we should be useing ski goggles " I laughed. Seeing you with them on makes me laugh again but I'm putting them on the boat. Nice video.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
williemilkem said:
This past December running out to sandy hook in 30 degree weather my buddy said " we should be useing ski goggles " I laughed. Seeing you with them on makes me laugh again but I'm putting them on the boat. Nice video.
williemilkem,

That was actually my cousin Joe with the bass and the goggles. Your right man, they do come in handy, esp in a heavy rain. We made a deal that morning since I drove and had the consol windshield he got the ski goggles.:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
what is the top speed on the Action Caraft ? you guys are movin' through that back bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
sandflea said:
what is the top speed on the Action Caraft ? you guys are movin' through that back bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sandflea,

Thanks. When I first acquired the boat I had a 3 blade cleaver prop on it. 1 man onboard, half tank of fuel , fastest was 55/56 mph @ 6200 rpms. It screamed, but it suffered from excessive bowlift out of the hole. Now it has a four blade somewhat of a cleaver style. The boat loaded, it tops around 50 mph but w/ more control and a better holeshot. It's always a give & take.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i did a search on those boats.... they are a sweet setup! Perfect for the back bays....;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again sandlfea.

Mr. Twister said:
Insomniac

Do you have any videos of those tog you posted about in the other thread?
Yes, but it's not that great , just of one swimming away. In the next week or so I'll try to get some better footage and put it up. I'll have alot of underwater / flats fishing video up on the barn this year.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts