BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 man Viking Liferaft is up for its 3 year recertification. I made an appointment with Sea Safety in Secaucus (right by Metlife Stadium) to have this done. They offered for me to stay while they unpackage it and blow it up. It was a great educational experience to see what your liferaft actually looks like inside and what is actually in there. Their staff was excellent all around and took the time to walk myself and my father through everything. I highly recommend seeing this done there if you are getting your liferaft recertified. Its important to see where everthing is placed in your raft. For example they showed where the knife is so you can cut the painter line from your boat. Very important to know exactly where its stored so you can cut the line and the raft doesnt get pulled down with the boat if its sinking. Sounds simple enough but try searching around for it in the pitch dark out there. The raft is only 3 years old and when it was blow up the light on top of the raft did not work. Just a good example why its important to go for the service and not wait. Your life depends on this out there.

Attached are some pictures of it getting blown up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for sharing... I bought my raft from Sea Safety last year at the AC show. The sales rep, Joe Richter, was very knowledgeable and helpful on their products. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Thanks for sharing Anthony.

I need to get my raft repacked and it would be great to actually see how it is do e. sounds like more work than I would have thought.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts