BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck happened?????

Drove by the place yesterday and noticed that the lake is drained and that the buildings have been vandalized. What a shame. The place was owned by family friends back in the 70s-80s and I spent a lot of time fishing on that lake. Its a shame to see it falling apart like that. Caught several trophy sized bass in that lake.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What the heck happened?????

Drove by the place yesterday and noticed that the lake is drained and that the buildings have been vandalized. What a shame. The place was owned by family friends back in the 70s-80s and I spent a lot of time fishing on that lake. Its a shame to see it falling apart like that. Caught several trophy sized bass in that lake.
see this thread - looks like this was discussed a few years ago (if its the same place you are talking about):

http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145639

·
Registered
296 Posts
I drove by there today and it looked like a ghost town. The front building is falling apart. The lake does look like it was way low. I used to fish it years ago and yeah there used to be some pigs in there. I also remember seeing some of the biggest snapping turtles in there. The Bass Barn should buy that place:D. Then only Bass Barn members could fish it:D. I would chip in a dollar or two!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I feel your frustration SD. That was one of my fishing haunts back in the day as well. Although I never caught anything the size they had hanging on the wall in the welcome shack. I did enjoy the beauty, structure and the peace that lake had to offer. AMEN, I guess.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Just a reminder, it is patrolled and remains private.......I dont want people reading this thread to trespass to just check it out....:thumbsup:.....the church is trying to get things in order to bring it back but it takes time and alot of money.....new dams are not cheap....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.