BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just talked to a good friend in the Vineyard. They are catching 30 fish in just a few hours in the evening. Right off the beach at Lobsterville.
Can't wait to get there the last week of June. That's when the big ones are there.
If anyone is ever interested in catching lots of stripers on the fly and wants to spend a few nights there, let me know. you can email me at [email protected]
September is also great for albies on the fly, although to do good, you need to fish inshore from a boat. Silverside epoxy patterns work best.

·
Registered
154 Posts
onthefly...

I'll be spending a week in Truro, which is located just outside of Provincetown during the last week of June. I had never heard of Lobsterville til you mentioned it so I "Googled" it. Sounds like an amazing place. This is a quote I found on another website:

Martha's Vineyard - Lobsterville Beach

Lobsterville beach in late May and into June is an absolutely awesome place to fish for stripers. On clear nights when there's a touch of a moon and the water's calm, the stripers are everywhere from the basin to Dogfish, sipping and/or smashing sand eels on the surface. When you're at Lobsterville at this time of the year, deciding where to cast is easy ... cast anywhere, they're everywhere!
Although not typically recommended, shine your light into the water just for fun. The number of eyes that reflect off light is mind-boggling.
Sand eels on a floating line is the ticket. And, night fishing is a must.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I'll be in Newport for a couple days and then up to Monomoy the week of the 20th... it is an annual trip and we talk about it and plan for it all year..... just can't wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts