BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use the thundermist lure company viper spoons, they look like they have what it takes, but like all lures looks alone don't catch the fish. Anyone try them for fluke or striper or blue, or any saltwater fish actually.

·
Registered
796 Posts
used it for fluke, it works pretty well. I only use it in the back bays though bc i dont feel like loosing something that costs that much so easily out on the reefs. I keep my reef tackle pretty basic. The company's t-turn swivels are awesome products too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for tip Mtown, that's where I plan to use them, and thanks for the T-turn advice too, I'm def gonna pick one or two up along with the swivels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My concern with the thundermist would be gut hooking a short fish, thus making a bad release? Three in-line hooks seems like a lot?

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
At the cost they are I'd buy a salmon spoon and add my own hooks. Even used spoons can be painted. You could easily halve the cost of the viper.

Tie on 40lb mono and the first hook leaving a long tag end. Tie in the second hook using that tag end. Couple beads and spilt rings.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've "tried them"... I bought three and tried strip bait on them. they're to light to get down on their own while drifting (imo). I maybe gave them two trips (for about an hour each trip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts