BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this year was exceptional with the late run of fall bass still being caught. How many of you have sent back your VS's and when did you do so. The website states that during Sept-oct it take 2-4 weeks oct-dec 4-6weeks and dec- feb 6-8 weeks? Now they have had mine for over a month but im sure its still just sitting there and with march approaching fast this worries me. 1st they sent me an email that said would have an updated status in 5 days. Well that didn't happen so after calling and leaving message after message Im still being ignored. I understand they are being overwhelmed but come on. To get business like that in this day and age would be a god sent to most of us.If this happens every year why not hire and train more personal so they are prepared. I work in a seasonal business and im never short handed because that would mean lost of business and income. All im saying is VS act like a boy scout and be prepared. I feel that they have very poor customer service and will not buy another reel or send them back ill just service them myself and buy Zeebaas from here on out. All i needed was a call back or and updated email like they stated so i can take the necessary steps to get a back up reel.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
best time to have your reels serviced is during the summer
try to time it inbetween the spring and fall runs because it only takes about a week to 10 days at that time of the year

This is my plan for this year. I've been a victim of the winter rush for years and agree that thier customer service department could use some anual service of its own. It wasn't as bad before they sold out to Zebco or Milton Bradley or whoever it is. They even used to send me a hat occasionaly with my reel. Nothing is as it used to be.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Not a VS fan just my 2 cents!

They told you it was going to be 6-8 weeks and according to you it's only been 4. High end repairs/service take time. You wouldn't want to get the reel back and the first hook up have a mechanical failure?? Then the reel has to go back again. Been there and it sucks. At 8 weeks if you don't have your reel then shame on them but if they stop working to answer every email and call nothing will get done on time. It's their busy season, cut them some slack and you'll have your reel back good as new in no time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Did you really have to send it back in the first place. If nothing seems wrong with it why send it back. What kind of fishing do you do with it? Is it under water most of the time or are you just throwing lures from the beach with the occasional splash from a wave?

·
Registered
914 Posts
OK so this year was exceptional with the late run of fall bass still being caught. How many of you have sent back your VS's and when did you do so. The website states that during Sept-oct it take 2-4 weeks oct-dec 4-6weeks and dec- feb 6-8 weeks? Now they have had mine for over a month but im sure its still just sitting there and with march approaching fast this worries me. 1st they sent me an email that said would have an updated status in 5 days. Well that didn't happen so after calling and leaving message after message Im still being ignored. I understand they are being overwhelmed but come on. To get business like that in this day and age would be a god sent to most of us.If this happens every year why not hire and train more personal so they are prepared. I work in a seasonal business and im never short handed because that would mean lost of business and income. All im saying is VS act like a boy scout and be prepared. I feel that they have very poor customer service and will not buy another reel or send them back ill just service them myself and buy Zeebaas from here on out. All i needed was a call back or and updated email like they stated so i can take the necessary steps to get a back up reel.
Where did you send it? Their main guy who services them is on a fishing trip right now and won't be back for a week...

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
I sent my sons in around December 12th, took about six weeks to get it back. They also responded to every e-mail and phone message I had left. The reel was like new when we got it back.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I sent my "sons" in .....
Ha ha... he out fishes you and he's got nicer gear! You might as well consider turkey hunting all the time. :razz:

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
We sent ours to Tulsa, This is the person I dealt with....

Tawnya McCammon
Coordinator - Consumer Relations Call Center

6105 E. Apache
Tulsa, OK 74115
Ph: 1-800-444-5581 x. 6961
[email protected]

Fax: 918-831-6946

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Ha ha... he out fishes you and he's got nicer gear! You might as well consider turkey hunting all the time. :razz:
Why? You willing to be the turkey? :razz:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
FYI,

Sent my 150 out this year to Rivers End Tackle on 1/9/12 and received it back on 1/13/12 with a complete list of everything done to the reel. Ended up costing me $75.08 for the maintenance& shipping.

A great bunch of guys there, ask for Q. This is the 2nd time using them and I'm very happy with the service!!!:thumbsup:

Tight Lines, Lami

PS: They are a certified VS dealer & repair service shop.

·
Registered
914 Posts
FYI,

Sent my 150 out this year to Rivers End Tackle on 1/9/12 and received it back on 1/13/12 with a complete list of everything done to the reel. Ended up costing me $75.08 for the maintenance& shipping.

A great bunch of guys there, ask for Q. This is the 2nd time using them and I'm very happy with the service!!!:thumbsup:

Tight Lines, Lami

PS: They are a certified VS dealer & repair service shop.
Hopefully they actually changed out what they said they did. Mine went back to them under warranty in Jan, got it back and the paper said they changed the traverse guide. Fished it, and it was worse than before. Worked through the place I got it from, ended up going back to Rivers End, and just got it back and paper says they changed the traverse guide :huh:

Needless to say, I'm done w/ VS and River's End...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hopefully they actually changed out what they said they did. Mine went back to them under warranty in Jan, got it back and the paper said they changed the traverse guide. Fished it, and it was worse than before. Worked through the place I got it from, ended up going back to Rivers End, and just got it back and paper says they changed the traverse guide :huh:

Needless to say, I'm done w/ VS and River's End...

When my VS was returned from Rivers End, all the pieces replaced or changed where in a plastic bag with my reel. Did you receive the same parts bag with yours?

·
Registered
914 Posts
When my VS was returned from Rivers End, all the pieces replaced or changed where in a plastic bag with my reel. Did you receive the same parts bag with yours?
No, I got a paper saying they changed the traverse guide the first time I sent it in. Stupidly, I put that paper in the box w/o making a copy when it went back the second time (2 days after I got it back) Got another paper back the second time said this time when I sent it back the traverse guide was changed :huh:... That's what they did the first time - supposedly. I guess they are only made to last a few casts? As I said, I'm done with them (VS and RE) and VS will not get any more of my money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts