BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walk-on's every where.

If you think that restricting buggy access does not affect you guest again.
200-300- more people vieing for your spot on LBI because we cannot get to other area's.

Next will be no access to jetty's and then the beach. It for real and happening everwhere.

·
Registered
20,307 Posts
I agree with you 100%! If you let them get away with this it only further emboldens the powers that be. They will bend to meet the needs of the few because all they really worry about is the next election and that is where their contributions to run come from. There are options, but the biggest is their desire to stay in power. Give me a call if you want at 609-272-0005 and I will share some of my ideas on how to play the game the way they don't want you to.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Dadthefisherman - Are you a resident in the town? If so, start a recall petition for the one elected official that is pushing the ordinance. This will accomplish a few tasks to help your cause; 1) it will help you get media coverage - "local official facing recall effort" (warning - once you announce this at a press conference the targeted politician will become a sworn enemy); 2) It will put the other commissioner on notice that you are very serious about the issue and could be added to the list; 3) people may come out of the woodwork to help you because they either just found out about this issue or because they dislike the target for some unrelated issues. THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT - you can not just threaten a recall petition or begin one without 100% dedication of a good number of people. If you fail to gain the needed signatures you will embolden all of the commissioners. I’m not sure, but you may be pressed for time to meet a deadline to have a special election in November.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DTF There was just another thread like this with an organization who was involved in these types of issues.They might have some info which would help.http://www.littoralsociety.org/ These situtations are going to start happening everywhere.:mad: I think RS's advice was right on!!!!

FC:mad:

·
Registered
20,307 Posts
RhinoScores said:
Dadthefisherman - Are you a resident in the town? If so, start a recall petition for the one elected official that is pushing the ordinance. This will accomplish a few tasks to help your cause; 1) it will help you get media coverage - "local official facing recall effort" (warning - once you announce this at a press conference the targeted politician will become a sworn enemy); 2) It will put the other commissioner on notice that you are very serious about the issue and could be added to the list; 3) people may come out of the woodwork to help you because they either just found out about this issue or because they dislike the target for some unrelated issues. THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT - you can not just threaten a recall petition or begin one without 100% dedication of a good number of people. If you fail to gain the needed signatures you will embolden all of the commissioners. I’m not sure, but you may be pressed for time to meet a deadline to have a special election in November.
Recall petitions are very hard to get done. The percentages are way up there. That being said, get petitions into the local B and T's. Make sure you have addresses on them. These pols care more about elections, so they are looking for locals. Once you get started, I would not post too much info here other then generic. With the LP bridge, they had people watching this board. Get as much info as you can about the people behind this. Recall may not work, but they all need to get elected. And in small communities, it isn't as hard as you may think to get enough votes to get the bad ones out. Also, the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) is a strong tool. Get the stats lined up. If they are telling you its a safety issue (which is the hot reason) make them prove it. Chances are, they have no hard core data to back up thier claims.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rhino and Michaelc, unfortunatley I am not a resident. I live in Barnegat Township(mainland).
However I spent alot of time and money fishing the island.

I have just had enough of people trampling on others rights, priveleges etc.

Tell how driving on the beach with a few trucks is anymore disruptive to the beach enviroment than 1,000 people walking on it?

Or better yet mother nature taking pieces at her will..

And they want support for beach replenishment. Not next time if the toe issue goes thru.

Mike I 'll call you on Wednesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts