BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my 12' fiberglass v-hull with an aluminum boat in the 14'-16' range. I am looking for just the hull, no motor or trailer. I'm also looking to go cheap. Cabela's has 14" jons with live well for about $650 new, so I need to compare this with any used boats out there. If you have or know of something, my email is in my profile. Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have a 15' aluminun boat with trailer and a 30 hp johnson ob. the boat is about a l970 and was a runabout. also a tlrailer with the 30hp that runs good (1980's) will seperate. call and leave a message, as I don't get on the comp. that often.

Don - (856) 694-1218 Leave Message :D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I have a motor and trailer. Just need the aluminim hull. Is is a V or Jon? How much do you want for it?

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone? There must be a 14' or 16' aluminum boat laying in someone's yard who could use a few hundred bucks in their pocket.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll head to Cabela's for a new 14' jon boat. Was hoping I could get a used 14' or 16' jon or V hull.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have 12 ft sea nymph,pram bottom but is v hulled.Like you said been sitting in back yard .Make me offer.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offers, but I am looking to go bigger, 14' to 16'. The 12'er I have now is fine for the lakes and rivers. I am looking for something bigger to run around Corson's back bay area.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't had a chance to run out to Cabela's yet, so if anyone knows of an available 14'-16' boat, please let me know.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Rhino,
I am looking for the same type of boat and am convinced no one is selling them.

650 for a 14' at cabelas??? That is cheap. How wide are they?

I am looking at the Lowe 1648 which runs about 2K

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not exactly sure. I saw them earlier this spring when I made a trek up there. If I recall, they looked beefy and substantially wide. I am going to call the store and ask some questions because the boats aren't listed on the web site. I'll let you know after I get a hold os someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts