BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a local source for vinyl coated wire 5/8" or 3/4" mesh. Will be used for live bait pens. Don't want to order a full roll from Tennessee or others, so looking for a local source. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil. I was at Lowes over the weekend and came up empty. I usually order it from a specialty fence company, but don't want that expense this year. Any idea what guage wire you used and what it's intended use was?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
How much wire do you need?
does it have to be wire that is vinyl coated?

or can it be flexable neting that is vinyl coated??

call me 609-320-9573, John

·
Registered
741 Posts
Fishaholic

Lowes and Home Depot have all vinyl or pvc mesh(no need to use coated wire). It is outside w/ the ladscaping stuff. I used it for my pen. It works great.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JP, it needs to be rigid to hold up to the current etc... In the past, I have used a heavy polly netting (plastic mesh). It works fine, but if you leave your pen in for any length of time like I do, the mesh tears when you go to remove it from the water due to excess weight from sea growth. Otters are also a concern! To-Do, outside is the only place I didn't look, lol. Have you used this before on your pens? As I mentioned, I was looking for durability, thus my quest for vinyl coated wire.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
you can have my pen if you need an extra. It is at my parents house.They will most likely just be throwing it away in a month or so.I don't want that to happen.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool Jesse, I did build it, lol! Let me know when you call them and I can get it. I use it as a satellite pen. I'll send you a pic of "05"'s new design. Give me a buzz tomorrow.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I made one last year w/ it and it seemed to have held up fine. Good luck

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you can't find the wire drop me an e-mail my brother owns a powder coating shop maybe he can help you out.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
James, thanks, but the pen is built and not a concern. The wire mesh is! Thanks anyway, looking for a local source for the coated wire mesh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts