BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have the reel but will consider a combo if you have one.

I would like a bit lighter outfit than my 10wt so I will fly fish more... Before I buy something cheap (relatively) I thought I'd see if anyone had something decent they wanted to part with...

Anyone moving up out there?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Darrin,

I just picked up a cheap-end 8 wt St Croix last week. I think it's called the Premier model. Retails for about $100 but I picked mine up for $60 something. I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price to have as an extra rod.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i've got a cabela's 8 weight, lightly used. no fighting butt, i guess you could add one. grip molded into full wells with blue painter's tape. if anybody wants it, i will trade it for a 1982 topps kent hrbek rookie or a rebuilt starter for a 1991 volvo wagon.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Don't even tell me that you going to fly now. Don't yopu need to learn how to fish first????????

Just kidding D. Lets hook up in a few.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THx for the offers guys my search is completed. Over completed in fact. I now have a 7wt lamiglas and an 8 wt st croix....

Anyone have an 7 wt reel to get rid of? Just kidding. Once I get them both I'mm be reselling one of them

Don't worry Barry I still have all my heavy conventionals and my chunkin knife.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Darrin, what ever you buy I think you'll enjoy having a lighter rod for smaller fish like the ubiquitous (you like that word? It took me five minutes to spell it) summer cocktails. I bought a 7wt sage rplxi last year and it made summer fishing more enjoyable?

Anyone else have any experience with a light weight rod from shore?

K9

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Yes. :D Ron

[ 03-20-2004, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Sure. I use my 6/7/8 wt rods from shore all the time. It's fun off the sod, and you don't really need to cast that far anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts