BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a fireplace insert for sale? Also need some firewood. I figure a cord of wood should do. Willing to pick up if price is cheaper.
I live in OCNJ.

·
Registered
16,638 Posts
What are you looking for? I have a hydro heater for sale.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I heat my 2,500 square foot house with a insert. My insert has a blower as well. I cut my own wood in the summer Cherry and oak only. I keep the temp around 70 and use only 1 or 2 hundred gallons of oil. Mostly used when the fire goes out during the night. I've always used this because I've preferred wood heat, not as dry as my oil heater. This year with oil prices I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Younger,I am not 100% sure maybe you can steer me in the right direction. I am renting and the heat bill will kill me this winter so I am trying to head the bills off a little. There is a fireplace in my unit and the landlord says sure do whatever u want. So I figure a insert might help some of the heat bill. Maybe you have some suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,638 Posts
The hydro heater connects to any hot water heating system. It burns wood and has a circ. pump on a seperate switch to circ. the water through the stove and heating system.

·
Registered
16,638 Posts
Originally posted by joc:
Younger, I'd like to know more about your hydro. Could email me with the particulars.( price, size, age, condition, manufacturer, pics, does it have coal grates, etc). I had one in another house and loved it. But it gets kind of involved to properly install. Do you have the controllers to regulate water temp as well as room temp? If not I could scrounge up everything.
All you would have to do is hook up the copper pipe, run the electric and that is it. Unit is older but in great condition. No coal, wood only.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My father has an insert for a masonary fireplace he took out of his fireplace last winter. when he converted over to a gas fireplace. When he put it in he went from burning 8 cords of wood down to 3 a year. It use to heat the house up really good but its a lot easier for him to just press the button now and he can shut it down when ever he gets hot. If your interested you can email me at [email protected]
Tight Lines,
Doug

·
Registered
336 Posts
My father has an insert for a masonary fireplace he took out of his fireplace last winter. when he converted over to a gas fireplace. When he put it in he went from burning 8 cords of wood down to 3 a year. It use to heat the house up really good but its a lot easier for him to just press the button now and he can shut it down when ever he gets hot. If your interested you can email me at [email protected]
Tight Lines,
Doug

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tight Lines,
Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts