BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
repowering a 27 Albemarle, I may buy new ones but want to check the market before I shell out the dough.

Looking for 350 gas, complete, blocks, parts even doesnt matter. Would consider diesels for the right deal. First Light you still have yours?

The boat has good running volvo raw water cooled engines with some useful parts so Im open to anything.

John 609 442 8323

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
John if going the deisel route go with nothing less than the 230 hp .The main reason I sold mine was the 20knot cruise with the 170 yanmars

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fin
Good advice - Id love to go 25 knts because I had gone 20-21 knots for the last 4 years. With my current gas set up Ill only be a knot or 2 faster.

Im open to all options-even 170 yanmars!

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
Eagle definitely listen to Fin about those yanmars. With any weight the cruise dropped and engines worked hard to keep the boat past the hump. Boat ran much better when Finsy let the diesels breath abit1

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea but I really cant afford diesels anyway thats why it doesnt matter. If I dont find some good used gas Im gonna get some injected 350s
but ouch$$$$$$$$$$$ just bought the boat!

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
you will love the ride, just not the rock at rest(though that didn't bother me except for spilling beer not held on to-just drink it fast) . Boat blasted thru the snot with ease.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Eagle,

I've got a friend with a pair of 200 hp Volvo diesels he's selling. They've only got around 500 hours on them and were put in his 35' Maine Coaster about 5 years ago. Believe it or not the only reason he's selling them is because he wants to paint his bilges and has to remove the engines to do it right. He's a 72 year old retired guy with a bunch of time on his hands and is meticulous with everything on the boat. He figures while he's got the engines out he might as well replace them again and the new ones should last him the rest of his boating life. I think he's looking to get $13,500 for the pair without the gears. He's keeping the gears since he's putting the exact same engines back in.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What year are they? I might be interested but new trannies probably put them out of my range

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
thats interesting !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts