BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good running one, fairly big to handle mine prodigious bulk, and pretty old so its cheap enough to afford, lol side shifter would be better, or an auto or whatever turns up, if it smokes a bit or uses oil no biggie, just as long as its not a mosquito fogger or knocking rattling chugging!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
There is one on the www.lakeontariounited.com message board. Look under the classified for vintage trolling boat. Also try www.thepapershop.com It'a trading paper up here in N.E. PA and those old Starcraftcraft's show up quite often. A plus about boats up here are they are fresh water boats. I saw your little note on the Villas. My family used to go down there probably from the 1930's till possibly the 70's. Lot's of good memories of the Villas from the 50's when I was a young wippersnapper. The were 2 fishing piers there at the time, Abbananti's (spelling) and Wiess's. They used to rent the old flat bottom wood boats and we'd put our old Firestone motor on it. Probably wouldn't recognize the place now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi
My father in law has one he now has enfuzema and is not allowed to cut his grass it's an 89-90 era 36" cut 11 Hp made by Murray and sold under True value Name Just rebuilt the deck last last winter new spindles, bearings, battery and blades I'm in Central Jersey Somerset County
$ 250

·
Registered
608 Posts
there`s one in the gloucester county times today that is three years old with a 46"cut and 20hp motor for 450.856-305-2407

[ 10-05-2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: millwright man ]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! hmmmmm, tough call, MORE POWER vs CHEAPER ... the usual dilema!

ARG ARG ARG ... welllll ....

Tim The Tool Man vs Jack Benny! :D :D :D :D

Erbby, is that a motor in front sorta tractor or the rear engine one?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I have a 12 hp 39" electric start. Runs good, cuts good. Its in NCM. Send me an email if interested.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Hey Ray I have a mid-90's MTD with a 16hp Briggs OHV I/C engine. I used it most of the season and it worked great, although it could use minor work here and there. Best part is I put a big trailer hitch on the back so I could move all my trailers around the yard. I'd sell it for $300 this time of year or I'll wait till spring and get top dollar :D .

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, damn I got more tractor offers than I know what to do with! Dave, you met me, ya think the MTD is big nuff? (sixteen horses aughta do the trick, lol) does it cut grass well? is the minor work cosmetics?

I should get one of your little trailers too, hmmmm...

I think the little red truck is going to be very tired by the end of the next several days!

:D

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Ray, It's got enough power, but you may not be able to use 7th gear :D . The minor work is mostly cosmetics and a few other little things like a leaky tire. Motor runs great, no smoke or noise, and it still cuts great. I bought a smaller one so the last two months I only used this for moving trailers around. You got mail...

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I just mowed my lawn with it and the darn thing started leaking oil from the valve cover. What the h*ll, it just cut the price in half to $150.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a mid 90's Craftsman 14.5 hp with a 42" cut. It runs perfect and I just put 2 new blades and battery. I'll sell it to you for $400.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ACK! I was messing around with a bid sniper and won myself a Lawn Boy Hydro Tractor - I really gotta stop percoceting myself and then messing about on the internet (except to make posts, NOT finacially catastrophic deals!) :rolleyes:

ah well, at least I didnt put that 26 footer Starcraft into the damn program :drool: Id hate to have to sell my truck to pay for it!

hmmmm ... though the tractor could pull it ...

nah!

:D

Rod, you hit it square on the head, GREAT forum, and I just might unload the Lawn Boy and go for that Craftsman .... is it an B/S I/C?

lol, on the other hand, how much for the weed whackin wife, mine is allergic to anything that springs up lately, and im tired of whackin em myself :D

*though she sure gets mad when I get offers from other whackers to whack what she wont whack - while wild whackin women whine woefully, whackless wanda watches warily without wondering WHY wild whacking women want to wander my way!*

nope, dont have a damn clue what I just said, but it was fun sayin it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts