BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am looking for a reasonably priced slip on the Manasquan River for next season, any ideas? Seems once you make it thru canal slip prices increase drastically. Do not need anything fancy, I live very close and can clean fish at home if needed. Not looking for the "marina life" just a safe place to park the boat and fish.

I have a 28' Contender and want to be close as possible to inlet.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Cheapest option would be the municipal slips in manasquan. Not as easy to get if you are not a resident but if you call the municipal office you might be able to weasel your way into one because I think demand has been down as of late... Alternatively try Deep Creek Marina on Brielle Rd in Manasquan...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Def worth the extra bucks not to go through the canal. I have my boat behind my place by the beaverdam bridge. I burn 4-5 gallons just to get to the inlet then another 4-5 coming back depending on the tide. Being on the other side of that canal is key. Plus you will save a bunch of time

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input. Called Deep Creek, no dice..........all slips filled.......great idea though. Going to check out glimmer glass, hear good things. Anyone hear anything about McCarthy's under the Rte 70 Bridge?

anth0nyg - I agree with you about canal, sucks and a real gas burner. But if you live on water well worth it:). I live at top of midstreams rd by firehouse, we should fish sometime.

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just relocated to MarineMax which is just west of the 70 bridge. It's the marina next to the former Marina Grill restaruant. It's reasonable for being on the manasquan. The last dock is G dock and they are primarily fishing boats, no electric on G just water. The rest have electric and water. They seem to be very accommodating, they guy I deal with is Tim Ryan. I'm on F and there are a couple open as far as I know. I checked all over in sept of last year and this was the best I came up with for what I wanted. Good luck

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Not a big fan of McCarthy's. Their crew is pretty good for doing mercury repairs and dealing boats but the marina definitely takes a back seat in their operation. Have a walk around the docks and I think you'll see what I mean...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
anth0nyg - I agree with you about canal, sucks and a real gas burner. But if you live on water well worth it:). I live at top of midstreams rd by firehouse, we should fish sometime.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Ah yes you are about 5m away from me. I am in the Hidden Harbor complex on Beaverdam. Ya def we always need guys to come fishing with us. We run offshore as much as possible. Will give you a shout in the spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.