BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was bound to happen. Going through life fat, drunk and stupid is going to catch up to you. My good friend (see last sentence) Steve was on board the Bohica Friday in the cold and rain talking on his cell phone drinking beer when Mr. Bass tapped my Loomis/Penn965 combo in the rod holder. He decided to take "multi-tasking" to the next level and pick up the rod. Well, Mr. Bass decided to come back and hammered the clam and ripped the combo right out of his hand. I sat helpless reeling in another rod watching my favorite combo skim across LE Inlet. Replacement has been purchased and caught 3 nice bass yesterday, check for $450 is in the mail (so I'm told). Please report any caught bass with Loomis MUR845 and Penn Int 965 asap. I'd like to have a word with that fish! :mad:

LE Inlet report: Bohica with clams anchored up.

Thursay: 8 bass up to 37", missed at least that many due to hooks being too small.
Friday: 12 bass up to 37" and 1 stollen combo
Sunday: 5 bass up to 35" all rods/reels safe.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
BOHICA,

That sucks. Is he still your friend? ;)

Expensive trip but I think we can all relate. A few years ago, someone on a charter trip knocked my favorite rod overboard, while I was on the bow pulling a stuck anchor.

I heard the splash, looked back and the guy had this stupid look on his face. Said he was trying to put the rod in the holder when ooops....

Oh well, it gave me a reason to spend more money on a better rod & reel.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
i got a decent ugly stik w/penn 310 ready to sell ya for those friends who are still learnin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts