Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by reel thing 25:
Check Ebay.
Reel t,
Thanks but when buying a used reel i would like to see it first !!!Vinny

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a TLD 5 that I may let go if the price is right. The reel is in great shape with box. Just serviced it at the rockland show and the shimano reps were drueling. This is a true collectors item. very difficult to find anymore.

Give me a buzz if interested

201-741-1823

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pink Snapper,
Thanks,Wow that must be a sweet reel !!
But im looking for a tld 10 for the purpose of fishing it for stripers !!!used would be fine as long as it was in sound working order ,making it a fishing reel not a collectors item !!!
I have fished the tld 10's in the past and love them,Trouble is now some parts are no longer available,so when they break to a point they become a spare part reel or through away !!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Vin you know I have one but sorry cant part with it my friend in Fla. has one I will check with him and see if he will part with it Buddy

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buddy,its all your fault LMAO !!!!!!!!
they been haunting me since we fished together !!!

·
Registered
16,364 Posts
I have 4 original tld 5's I used for Drum and big weakies back in the day and currently for stripers. These are the smallest tld's ever made, I have them filled w/ 20 lb. mono and 50 lb. braid now. I have 2 10's filled w/ 30 lb. mono I only break out for drum I may be willing to part w/ Vin.

[ 03-24-2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Capt.G
sweet my man !!!
I need the 10 though for trophy hunting,and on the right rod,man can you cast..A head ,chunk ,whole bunker no problem !!sometimes ya just gotta get at least one rod way back,ok now dont give me a lecture on bottom bouncing
;) :D

·
Registered
16,364 Posts
I meant to say i have 2 10's too, somehow my post sent before I was done typing. I edited it. I'll check the condition of those 10's and let you know, it's been many years since i used them. If I remember, I think only 2 of the 5's are in perfect working order still, and i think one of the 10's.

[ 03-24-2005, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
capt G cool,
if its in workin order,let me know i'll put it to good use ;) :D

·
Registered
16,364 Posts
Will do Vin! LOL on the bottom bouncing but here goes :D When there is some current, you can bounce the bunker bait back as far as you want w/ the right size sinker and braided line, it just takes a little longer than casting it back there, which I'll do w/ those reels! Though, dropping the bait slowly back w/ the current sometimes entices bites, so sometimes I just give it a light 20 foot or so cast, then drop it WWB slowly

[ 03-24-2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YOUR killin me G :D
i have another one for ya,when your making mid water bass,put on just enough weight ta get ya down,then let the current take your bait back up slowly ;) right into the kitchen .......

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok one last time!!!!!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike Thanks i am watching a few ,But that wasnt one of them it just didnt look like it was in to great of condition !!!!

·
Registered
16,364 Posts
Vinny, I checked my stock, could only find one TLD 10, the broken one, it's practically locked up, never been serviced though. I may try to fix it. Found the 4 TLD 5's 3 of them are in great shape, the 4th is tight like the 10. I'll let you know what the deal is when I break it down and have a look.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Capt G Thanks Bro !!! keep me posted.........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts