BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
What is the date of that image? You may want to post that on the other thread thats been going "early start to the season"

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I have never been out to the edge and fished anything like that this early in the year. Any idea on what pelagics might be had in that water this early? Probably safe to say yellowfin and longfin, but what about billfish, dolphin and wahoo? Anyone know from experience?

·
Registered
167 Posts
That water came off the part of the stream that was off NC a week or so ago, so I'd expect it to hold some Bluefin and maybe some Yellowfin, possibly even some very early dolphin or wahoo around some good structure. I doubt any billfish will, its way early and the water isn't that warm.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If i didnt have to pack up my house and be out in 2 weeks i know i would be there! Can only dream of breaks like this! What a great way to start the year. Worst case scenario you deep drop for tiles and hit the sea bass before running home. ......My wife would kill me !

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
When R We Going

Big Sexy,
I sold my Grady back in November. I still have my 19' Skiff for the back bay. We gotta get Doug out there this year. Are you doing the Drum Tourney this year? Let me know if you have any extra openings. The price of gas is gonna be close to $4.00 at the pumps this year which really sucks. I'll talk to you soon. Get my # from Doug. He is in Florida banging Mickey & Minnie till Saturday.:D

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mucho clams said:
Big Sexy,
I sold my Grady back in November. I still have my 19' Skiff for the back bay. We gotta get Doug out there this year. Are you doing the Drum Tourney this year? Let me know if you have any extra openings. The price of gas is gonna be close to $4.00 at the pumps this year which really sucks. I'll talk to you soon. Get my # from Doug. He is in Florida banging Mickey & Minnie till Saturday.:D
Jerry you gotta check out that 34 Venture that Coty Marine has for sale. Also Island Marine has a good deal on a 33 Hydra sport. Then we can do some Offshore damage this year

·
Registered
301 Posts
there are some bluefin waiting to caught in this water. someone please go and chesk it out. if anyone does let us know. or if you hear of anyone that went.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
MAKO19 said:
I have never been out to the edge and fished anything like that this early in the year. Any idea on what pelagics might be had in that water this early? Probably safe to say yellowfin and longfin, but what about billfish, dolphin and wahoo? Anyone know from experience?
still too cold for YFT they might possibly be there but most likely not...they like 68 degrees plus...prolly bluefins, longfins, swords and makos

·
Banned
490 Posts
swab1985 said:
still too cold for YFT they might possibly be there but most likely not...they like 68 degrees plus...prolly bluefins, longfins, swords and makos
Biggest yft tuna i have ever seen caught on the east coast came out of 66 degree water!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts