BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all have spring fever. this is just a warning. Last sunday I got a call for fresh clam. We didn't have any. Needed bait for Monday. Asked if we had frozen clam. Yes. Took a bag out so they would thaw. It's a week later and still waiting for the pick-up or at least a call.

I want to work with everone but don't leave me hanging or the rules will change.:mad:

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
Heck I just rent bait:rolleyes:

All joking aside that is BS.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Maybe you should start insisting on a credit card # and tell everyone there is a $10 no show charge plus the amount for the bait. Seems fair to me.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
chunking said:
I know we all have spring fever. this is just a warning. Last sunday I got a call for fresh clam. We didn't have any. Needed bait for Monday. Asked if we had frozen clam. Yes. Took a bag out so they would thaw. It's a week later and still waiting for the pick-up or at least a call.

I want to work with everone but don't leave me hanging or the rules will change.:mad:
Thats bullsh!t....try to do good things and people always screw it up.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I admit that was a sh!tty deal they did there Fred, I wouldn't do it for them again.

Couldn't you have just fried them clams as strips and fed them to Biggestjack with some tartar sauce? :D

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
My sister used to work in a pizza shop and when they got stuck with a pizza, they called it a "handjob". The only good thing was that she got to bring them home to eat.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
That sux Fred...Hope the party makes good with you...Did you get that wood cut??

·
Registered
181 Posts
I feel your pain sir.. I would often get calls to hold flats of worms during the peak of our spring Hudson River striper run, only to have them not show, leaving me with a flat I could have sold 5 times over..Our season to sell blood/sandworms is very short up here, which makes it more painful.. Policy quickly became, "sure we'll hold one, just give us a CC# ..we will charge it for the flat, put your name on it, and you now own it..pick it up whenever you want!" It sucks that this becomes necessary, but people forget that while this may be their hobby, its your livelihood..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Fred , the very least the guy could of done is call you. That's just plain ignorant.It might spoil it for the good guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No Show

You'd be suprised if you knew who stood him up!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts